Can I get a phone elsewhere to keep my VWZ unlimited data plan?

tndroid

Reaction score
not a full-priced phone from vwz. still good with my GNex, but thinking of future~:icon_ banana:

Anyone has experience?

Thanks!

OP
T

tndroid

Reaction score
it'not where to get a phone, it is, once i get a phone (not from verizon), can I use it and keep my unlimited data plan?

UncleVanya

Reaction score
it'not where to get a phone, it is, once i get a phone (not from verizon), can I use it and keep my unlimited data plan?

As long as it is not subsidized. I bought a mint used phone and had them activate it. No change to my unlimited data plan.

Sent via Tapatalk...

mattjenn

Reaction score
You can buy from Verizon too as long as its retail and not subsidized I bought one of the nexus they had on sale for $229 at retail and I still have my unlimited only subsidized phones they make you change your plan

Caesars

Reaction score
Who Had cdma nexus s on sale for 220 retail?

Return of the Android

mattjenn

Reaction score
Verizon still do as far as I know its certified pre owned but whatever you get a 1 year warranty so I'm good with that

Caesars

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for info mate. I'm going to buy one and flash it onto our regional prepaid Hehe.

Return of the Android

mattjenn

Reaction score
You can do eBay too I have bought several phones off eBay that's the best option I think as far as getting a great price

KeepItReal

Reaction score
I have several upgrades. I could upgrade, say, grandma's basic phone to a new smartphone at Verizon's lower price (have to activate on grandma's line). Once activated, move that new smartphone to my unlimited line and put her own phone back on. You will have to reactivate with asterisk 228 to reactivate grandma's phone. Get the full 1 year warranty, can add insurance and keep my unlimited data. Or buy the Nexus online or used in EBay, Craigslist, wherever. You just can't have insurance or warranty if you buy used (unless phone is less than 1 year old, you still have warranty).

comk4ver

Reaction score
@keepitreal, when you move the new 4G smartphone to your line you have to go to the corporate store, right because they need to give you a new sim card for the unlimited data phone? And since you are at the corporate store you can have them cancel the data plan on grandma's line right? I need to get this story straight because I'm about to try it (boyfriend wants that new HTC dna phone).
Fyi, two years ago I bought a used droid x from a friend and I had I insurance on my previous moto droid weirdly enough my insurance covered the droid x when I lost it three months later... My point is this that insurance once you have it covers any phone you place on your line (I'm currently still being charged and I got my nexus from eBay).

Tas

Reaction score
If you buy a smartphone, don't you have to keep the data plan for a while on it? I remember reading something to that nature a while back. I would definitely look into that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

???

Reaction score
yeah, i don't think you can put a new smart phone on grandma's line on a 2 year plan discount then move it off before 2 years without having to pay for data or some fee