Came from a S3 couldn't be happier.

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
I will miss Samsung's camera nothing else.
Very happy with Motorola's new Maxx HD, I think their recent marriage with Google is a huge plus.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
What's better about it?

I went from a rooted/ROMed Galaxy Nexus to a Maxx HD earlier in the week and there's a few things that are annoying me (UI related, even with Nova launcher) I miss. I'm considering returning it for an S3 just to unlock and ROM it. I'm also not as impressed with the battery life as I'd thought I'd be...it doesn't seem much different than my iPhone 4S (this is in CDMA-PRL mode).

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Tried the S3 for 2 weeks. Hated it. Then it fell off a bumper of a pickup, and the screen cracked. I couldn't have been happier, because it meant wifey would let me drop the cash on a Maxx HD. The Maxx HD is rock solid and feels great. It's the perfect combination of machine and software.

electric turd

Reaction score
Please explain the differences you have seen between the two phones. I'm looking to upgrade this weekend and these 2 phones are my options. I like to root and rom but the battery scares me in the s3. Is it really a problem? Also how do the onscreen buttons on the HD compare to the s3?

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
S3 Negatives: Plastic feel. Battery life is horrible. Had to buy an extended battery and case which makes the already huge phone Extremely Massive! I never found a comfortable spot to carry the phone. Hence the fact that I had to set it on the bumper of a truck because I couldn't change a tire with it in my pocket. I didn't like the size of the phone. It was hard to use 1 handed.

S3 Positives: Screen is really nice. Great to watch videos on. Camera is awesome. Main 2 reasons I bought the S3.

Maxx HD: Negatives: Smaller screen and not as bright. Although for me, the smaller screen is a plus. Camera isn't as good as it should be.

Maxx HD Positives: The phone is solid. When you pick it up, you know that you're holding a quality piece of machinery. The new version of MotoBlur is nice. I like the fact that I don't have to have 7 different screens. Also, there's a Fav App that you can keep as your app drawer which will only show those apps that you put it in. This way you don't have to search through all of your apps to find the one that you're looking for.

It's simple. Go into the store. Spend at least 1 hour! Play with the S3. Give it a good test. Take pictures. Then go play with the Maxx HD. Go back and forth. Keep in mind all of the things you're going to do with the phone. Also, keep in mind that if you want the S3 to last as long as the Maxx, you're going to need a bigger battery, which will make the phone a lot bigger. Bottom line, make you're own decision, and don't take the word of others like me and just purchase one.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
Go check them both out. I got the JB upgrade on my HD today, so there's that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Battery wasn't terrible in S3 it will get you through a day, most people plug them in every night anyways.

From having both the Maxx HD has nicer build, reception, and battery what a phone should have. Jellybean now as well! :D

Camera kind of lacks in comparison a lot, but its a phone/media beast first not a camera for me.

Last edited:

clintro

Reaction score
I doubt the S3 battery would get me thru the day.... my Maxx does, but usually down to 20% or so.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I doubt the S3 battery would get me thru the day.... my Maxx does, but usually down to 20% or so.

Standard S3 battery got me 4 hours. Extended battery almost got me home. Max gets me through the day and home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Gleason81

Reaction score
You need juice defender for an S3 only way you can take some advantage of the battery life I use it on my maxx and I can go 3 days on one charge medium to heavy use

I've always been a skeptic of these "battery saving" apps. It's hard to believe that another app running in the background, consuming RAM will actually save you battery and not eat at performance and battery. Explain why Juice Defender is worth a spot on my Razr Maxx HD?

gamedog0425

Reaction score
There is a free version on the app store and they have 2 dollar one and a five you can buy the ones you bait you have more control of what apps you want on and off more things to choose from I kills all your apps and radios when your screen is off nothing is running once your screen turns on everything kicks back on even after your screen is off you still get incoming calls and text so you don't have to worry about it give the free app a shot and if you like its up to you if you want keep it or not