Worth upgrading?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've got a Razr Maxx and a Galaxy S3, but was thinking about selling them both to get the Maxx HD. Is it really worth it to get the HD when I already have the OG Maxx? I'm more than happy with the battery life of my Maxx (I typically have about 60% life left after one day). I think what is holding me back is the on-screen keys. I use my Menu key for EVERYTHING, and to not have that any longer right on the phone would be a huge change.

Thoughts??

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The S3 is a worthy phone for sure. The HD is actually quit a step up from the OG RAZRs. The display is a lot nicer and the processor is faster and uses less battery. Its all about personal preference really.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Biased opinion but I would say go for the HD... can't beat build quality, radio or battery for the MAXX. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bohemouth

Reaction score
I've got a Razr Maxx and a Galaxy S3, but was thinking about selling them both to get the Maxx HD. Is it really worth it to get the HD when I already have the OG Maxx? I'm more than happy with the battery life of my Maxx (I typically have about 60% life left after one day). I think what is holding me back is the on-screen keys. I use my Menu key for EVERYTHING, and to not have that any longer right on the phone would be a huge change.

Thoughts??

Get the HD you won't be sorry!

AirJunky

Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Maxx to the Maxx HD..... big improvement in speed, a little better battery (I can make the HD last 3 days with moderate usage), and I really like Jellybean over ICS, simpler, menus make more sense to me, and a much better task switching function makes it easier to multi-task.

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
AirJunky said:
I just upgraded from the Maxx to the Maxx HD..... big improvement in speed, a little better battery (I can make the HD last 3 days with moderate usage), and I really like Jellybean over ICS, simpler, menus make more sense to me, and a much better task switching function makes it easier to multi-task.

What about the lack of buttons? Do you find it to be an issue?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What about the lack of buttons? Do you find it to be an issue?

lack of physical buttons? I find that that is a plus, the less physical and mechanical items there are the less chances there are of that button to stop working and frustrate the heck out of you. The on screen buttons are nice and serve the same functions. I prefer the on screen buttons.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I agree with macpro. It is one of the main reasons I chose to stick with the Razr M over my Maxx. The physical buttons on the Maxx drove me crazy, were redundant and not nearly as convenient.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I've got my Original Maxx in a drawer just in case something happens. I tried the S3, it dropped from 3 feet and cracked the screen the second week. Now I've got the HD Maxx. The HD Maxx is great. Solid feel. Runs smooth. Battery's awesome of course. New Motoblur is nice. The only regret I have is that I wasted money on the S3. I will say the S3's camera is better, but the HD camera works just fine.

clintro

Reaction score
i love the Razr Maxx HD and would recommend it. Battery life and hardware are great. Plus, not that it matters much if you flash a lot (ROMs that is), the experience of Blur is really close to pure Android.

The only thing I can think that is missing, an Android issue not Moto, is the ability ti link volume of notifications to ringer on stock.... so aggravating

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Went to Verizon to buy the phone today, and the rep tried turning me away, saying he doesn't want to see me spend more money than I have to. Told me to check Best Buy, etc. Um yeah, the phone outright at BB is $800 lol. Ended up not being able to buy it anyway, since I am an agent and have a concession line. I have to call customer service and talk to the Concession team and purchase that way. Ugh, guess I'll check ebay and see what I can come up with. Swappa didn't have any listed, and the same with CL in my area :(

Caesars

Reaction score
Not that it's the same as you were asking, but I went from the maxx to the note 2 and it was totally worth it. So if the maxx hd is anything like the note 2 as far as the "wow", factor, go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OP
jackiescivic

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Not that it's the same as you were asking, but I went from the maxx to the note 2 and it was totally worth it. So if the maxx hd is anything like the note 2 as far as the "wow", factor, go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't do the Note II, I have REALLY small hands, LOL. Plus, i have a tablet, so I don't really "need" such a large screen. Plus I had the s3 and it had crap signal in my house (as does every other brand of phone and carrier, it's just my house). Can't see myself taking any chances with Samsung again.

jtc303

Reaction score
Had the maxx since march but just got the hd as a company phone... I love it, and i really really liked my maxx but the hd is definitely a noticeable upgrade imo.

jtc303

Reaction score
lack of physical buttons? I find that that is a plus, the less physical and mechanical items there are the less chances there are of that button to stop working and frustrate the heck out of you. The on screen buttons are nice and serve the same functions. I prefer the on screen buttons.

Same here...want sure if i would but they're definitely an improvement