S3 Owners (coming from Maxx)

Roget83

Reaction score
Wopback said:
Roget where did you get battery?

Thanks

The battery I got is from Hyperion. I bought it for around $20 on Amazon. The reviews were good and shipping was fast. Arrived in 3 days. The back is more grey than blue( I have the pebble blue phone). The impressive this about the seller is that my first battery wouldn't charge. I sent an email to them. They responded the same day. After I gave them my purchase number they sent a replacement at no cost. It arrived in 2 days. It works perfectly.

Roget83

Reaction score
The downside to the battery is that its thicker than the original phone. Not the original battery the phone itself. It adds considerable weight as well. To me it feels more solid but it could be a deal breaker if you really love the thin, light feel of this phone. There is also the option of a second Samsung battery and an charger. I didn't price them, bit it is an option.

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Roget83 said:
The downside to the battery is that its thicker than the original phone. Not the original battery the phone itself. It adds considerable weight as well. To me it feels more solid but it could be a deal breaker if you really love the thin, light feel of this phone. There is also the option of a second Samsung battery and an charger. I didn't price them, bit it is an option.

So you needed a new back cover? Is the battery NFC?

Thanks for the info. I'm an extremely heavy user and I know I'll need a different battery.

Roget83

Reaction score
Music life how do you get your battery to last that long? What are your phone settings?

Roget83

Reaction score
Wopback said:
So you needed a new back cover? Is the battery NFC?

Thanks for the info. I'm an extremely heavy user and I know I'll need a different battery.

The battery is supposed to be NFC though I've never tested it. It comes with the back. There are also TPU cases available to fit the extended battery.

music life

Reaction score
Um let me go check.. I just have screen set to about half brightness. and only that bc i just like it at that setting. power saver is turned off. No battery saving apps. Completely stock atm. Havent found the need to root yet.(until i want the random junk apps gone)

But thats really it. Maybe its bc the phone is still new? or i guess google play music doesnt draw that much power. But i still am on it moderately for gaming, web, and calls.

Phone is just got good battery life? lol

EDIT: One thing to point out is my phone does hold 4G incredibly well. I am never under 3 bars 4G. Usually am at full. I really have only been under 3 bars in 2 occasions. On a boat and in a forest. lol

Music life how do you get your battery to last that long? What are your phone settings?

Last edited:

Roget83

Reaction score
Wow. To me that's amazing. I put the battery that came with the phone in it today. Turned my power saver on. Ran juice defender. After 5 hours I was at 49%. So I plugged in the car charger. Charged it to 78% before I needed to leave the car. 76% now. Says the battery has been off the charger 6 hours 25 minutes. That means I've used 53% in that time.

music life

Reaction score
Maybe you got a bad battery? I dont have any power saving apps or have the power saver turned on. I also just have the battery that came with the phone.