Bugless Beast Updates

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Just a heads up...Pete doesn't update here. Here are the appropriate links that should satisfy all your Bugless desires :)

FAQs >> FAQ - Downloads

Changelog >> Changelog - Downloads

Latest Nexus (CDMA) Builds >> ROM - Downloads

SUPPLEMENTAL FAQ

[Q] Is Bugless Beast on ROM Manager?
[A] Yes, but the latest nightly will be located on the download link above. He also has the latest basebands
and bootloaders available for download on ROM Manager.

[Q] What kernels are compatible with Bugless Beast?
[A] As of 3/7/12, any kernel compatible with 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 builds should work, however Pete suggests in the FAQ that his kernel that's included is optimized for the build.

[Q] After flashing, the boot animation just loops over and over. What did I do wrong?
[A] This is most likely due to you not wiping the /system and /data partitions. Make sure you do this in Clockwork Recovery. If you factory reset from within the ICS menu, your /sdcard partition will be wiped as well...so proceed with caution. Using clockwork to wipe your /data partition should NOT format your /sdcard however. Just a warning.

[Q] My battery life has gotten worse. What's the deal?
[A] It's probably an app you have installed that's keeping the phone from staying in deep sleep. Download BetterBatteryStats and look to see if any app is holding wake locks for too long.

Last edited:

hondaguy520

Reaction score
How are his nexus roms? I miss buglessbeast... haven't had it since my org Droid. I didn't want to rom my nexus because I love the stability of stock and don't want to risk stuff not working. I romed my Droid 3 and after I couldn't purchase apps from the market.:-/

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
They're basically stock in appearance (except for the notification Widgets and and some extra options). Nothing too fancy. A lot of the work has been done behind the scenes. His change log is the best place to look for what to expect. But since flashing I haven't had any issues. I basically keep this as my "stock" build and go from there.

You shouldn't encounter anything weird like that...at least with the builds I've flashed. All my apps and games work flawlessly.

Last edited:

hondaguy520

Reaction score
How long were you completely stock before putting Bb on it? And do you have any signal issues? Anndd do you always update when a new nightly build comes out?

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I was stock all of maybe an hour. I did check my signal though, and it improved significantly after flashing the latest baseband off ROM Manager. Right now, a mile away from the tower and I'm at -75dbm which is good considering other's stories. And yeah...I've flashed each nightly as soon as he posts on Twitter. Haven't had any issues. No wiping involved at all between builds...just the first time flashing, otherwise the boot animation will loop. I should add that in the FAQ as I've seen others wondering why it wouldn't boot. (Not specific to his ROM)

hondaguy520

Reaction score
I always loved Pete's work. He didn't support the droid3 so had to go through someone else. And I had such a bad experience I'm nervous to rom my precious nexus. I have 4.0.4 and it runs flawlessly so I don't really need to rom it. Only reasons why I want to is to get back board with bugless beast and just to mess with it because that's fun. I could always go back to stock if I needed I suppose

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Well technically, if you are on 4.0.4 then you've already ROMd it unless Google pushed the update out and I missed it. Most ROMs are 4.0.3 based because 4.0.4 isn't in AOSP yet as it hasn't "officially" been released. :)

Yeah I kept in touch with BB as I was coming to the Nexus straight from a Droid 1 so it was only second nature to flash it immediately. Just make a backup and play around :) Now that I have mine set up how I want....I'll probably do the same. Ever since he started building from source, the "beast" moniker has lined up where "beauty" should have been. As close to stock as possible and reliable.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
True ... well you pretty much talked me into it... I'll most likely be putting the beast on here when I get a chance over the next few days ...not looking forward to the initial wipe lol

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
All my installed apps came automatically got installed after flashing thankfully. I did have to set my homescreens again and my settings which is always a pain. It's also a reason why I chose to flash sooner than later lol. Restoring 180+ apps and bookmarks and Widgets etc etc is a pain! And nobody tell me "just restore a titanium backup"....cause I hadn't made any yet! Lol

hondaguy520

Reaction score
Did you need to install any other basebands or radios?

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I installed the latest F series baseband. Considering you are on a 4.0.4 now, you might already have the latest.

hondaguy520

Reaction score
My radios won't change when I install a new rom? Pardon my lack of knowledge

OP
HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
ZOpen up ROM manager and go to Pete's section. Flash the one beginning in F ;) (if you are still on the E radios that is)?

Edit: sorry for the delay...last night was the first in weeks where I actually was able to fall asleep early and STAY asleep all night. Stupid insomnia. Thinking about going back to sleep now to catch up on lost time ;)

Last edited: