Browser won't start on blank page

dbronstein

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid. Now that I have Froyo, the web browser always starts on Goggle even though I set the home page to about:blank. Even after I kill the browser with a task killer, it opens on the Google search page. How do I get it to start with a blank page?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this too. You used to be able to set the page to nothing. A workaround is to find a blink web page and set it to that.

Anyway, I like Dolphin HD because it has tabs and let's you keep the user agent set to desktop/computer so you can see non-mobile sites.

OP
D

dbronstein

Reaction score
I use XScope a lot because of the ability to set the user agent, but I like the stock browser as well. This just feels like something Apple would do, forcing you to their site like this.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know, it's a sleazy change.

Have you tried Dolphin HD? That's my go to browser. I keep trying xScope but I have a few problems with it:
-scrolling kinda lags/shaky when I open up tabs and have them load in the background while I surf the initial page
-why in the heck is there no "http://" in the address bar?

tehpriest

Reaction score
I know, it's a sleazy change.

Have you tried Dolphin HD? That's my go to browser. I keep trying xScope but I have a few problems with it:
-scrolling kinda lags/shaky when I open up tabs and have them load in the background while I surf the initial page
-why in the heck is there no "http://" in the address bar?

Just tried it. Love it. It i just so fast :-O

peertje888

Reaction score
Try about:blanc ... this worked for me with the default browser shipped with android 2.3 on my Galaxy S