Browser

altansey

Reaction score
My browser goes to Droid Forums. I would like for my home page browser to be Google. I have opened the Star at the top right corner beside the brower at the top of the phone, selected Google as my home page, set it, and it still comes up as Droid Forum. How do I fix that?
Thanks
Ann

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
My browser goes to Droid Forums. I would like for my home page browser to be Google. I have opened the Star at the top right corner beside the brower at the top of the phone, selected Google as my home page, set it, and it still comes up as Droid Forum. How do I fix that?
Thanks
Ann

When you're in the browser, hit the menu button, then "More", then "settings". Scroll down and you should see "Set Home Page" - change it there and you should be good.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks
Ann

When you're in the browser, hit the menu button, then "More", then "settings". Scroll down and you should see "Set Home Page" - change it there and you should be good.

Whew! I couldn't remember where it was and it took me forever to find it.

Don't suppose you know how to get rid of the zoom in and out buttons? They aren't needed with pinch-to-zoom out and would like the real state.

ShowTime

Reaction score
I think mine was set as Google by default when I got the phone... try opening the browser, hitting menu, more, settings, and then scrolling all the way to the bottom and selecting reset to default.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That didn't work. HELP!!!!

once you've changed it in settings, make sure you're not just hitting "home" and then "browser" again to test it out, as this will likely just reopen the session you were just in... the best way to test it out is, while in the browser, hit the menu again, then "windows", then close all the windows and it will load up a refreshed version of your home page... so if you entered google.com in the settings, it should load up google

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think mine was set as Google by default when I got the phone... try opening the browser, hitting menu, more, settings, and then scrolling all the way to the bottom and selecting reset to default.

good idea - work smarter not harder :)

TekHawk

Reaction score
Thanks
Ann

Whew! I couldn't remember where it was and it took me forever to find it.

Don't suppose you know how to get rid of the zoom in and out buttons? They aren't needed with pinch-to-zoom out and would like the real state.

browser in cyanogen mod under settings has a check box for "Show visual zoom controls"

atleast on version 5.0.7 pretty sure i have seen it in older versions though as well