About:Blank virus? not sure..but I think it might be

JSMachine

Reaction score
for the past week, I have had About:blank in the top of my browser where the address of whatever web page I'm viewing usually is. A quick google search reveals that this is a common virus on PC's.

1. The main question - can smartphones get viruses? I have always heard this rumor but I have never known for sure.

2. If this really is a virus, how the heck do I get rid of it?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
If you have a virus on your PC, Install a good Virus program. Do a full scan. If it exists, the Virus software will identify it.
As for smartphone, I do not have any direct experience with a virus infection. I do have a anti virus app running and it has never reported an issue.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You could try a good anti-virus app (Lookout, AVG, etc.) and see what it finds. Like jeffrey stated, I have used Lookout for years but never had an infection, so I don't know how good the apps are at removing the virus. I would think it should...that's what they claim. A factory reset (FDR) should also get rid of the virus; it will restore your phone back to the day you first turned it on. It can be time consuming to set it up again (sometimes) if you decide to go that route.