Malware Adware? How do I stop this popup?

DaRONI

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hoping someone can help. I keep getting a popup when web browsing on my S4 that states " check your android now for a virus." I have not clicked on it and just closed the browser to get out of it. I have very few apps on my phone, and downloaded nothing new, and nothing that wasn't from the app store. I have already reset my phone back to factory settings and haven't installed anything since, but still get this popup when browsing (different pages, but not every time). Any idea of how I can get rid of this?

Any help would be appreciated.
D~

popup.jpg

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried a virus scanner? AVG, Lookout, Avast, etc. all make one for Android devices.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark but go to your accounts - Google then tap your E-Mail address. Under that you should find an entry called admob. Turn it off. However, if it's the same one every time you may also want to try a different browser too.

TECHTOM

Reaction score
I experienced the same popups problem and it became extremely annoying. I then downloaded adblock plus( https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install ) and haven't gotten the popup since. I haven't used it for to long so I'm not sure if it fixed it but its worth a shot as it also blocks adds from games and apps to. You need to be rooted of course. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

OP
DaRONI

DaRONI

Reaction score
I checked here, but do not see anything called admob.

Just a shot in the dark but go to your accounts - Google then tap your E-Mail address. Under that you should find an entry called admob. Turn it off. However, if it's the same one every time you may also want to try a different browser too.

OP
DaRONI

DaRONI

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, but I am not rooted.

I experienced the same popups problem and it became extremely annoying. I then downloaded adblock plus( https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install ) and haven't gotten the popup since. I haven't used it for to long so I'm not sure if it fixed it but its worth a shot as it also blocks adds from games and apps to. You need to be rooted of course. Hope this helps!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk