Galaxy S5 Text Popup will not disable

JSeals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
New to the forum, and longtime user of Galaxy phones. Moved into the S5 a month ago, and have tried everything I can think of/find online to disable disable the blue popup preview which fires when a new text arrives. I am using the standard Text app. I've gone through the settings and have the popup option unchecked. The only thing that has worked is to turn notifications off completely. I still want the status bar notification, just not the popup preview. Any support would be appreciated.

P

promo87

New to the forum, and longtime user of Galaxy phones. Moved into the S5 a month ago, and have tried everything I can think of/find online to disable disable the blue popup preview which fires when a new text arrives. I am using the standard Text app. I've gone through the settings and have the popup option unchecked. The only thing that has worked is to turn notifications off completely. I still want the status bar notification, just not the popup preview. Any support would be appreciated.

Well, couldn't really get actually about which blue popup your talking about ? Is it possible for you to share some screen shot so I can get an idea ! :)