Disable text message notifications in status bar

tennvol

Reaction score
Running the .232 ICS leak and I can't seem to disable the green "sms" icon in the status bar when a text message is received. I unchecked the box in the settings portion of the "text messaging" icon in the tray but still get the notification. I have no other text messaging 3rd party apps installed and I'm a bit confused as to why unchecking the option still results in notifications.

OP
T

tennvol

Reaction score
Yep, I know what you are talking about, ie the gray messaging icon. Mine is green and listed as a VZW system app when I try to freeze it in titanium. Infact I can't freeze it, it says it's frozen but continues to provide notifications to me.

Phiber187

Reaction score
status bar locks up??

Yep, I know what you are talking about, ie the gray messaging icon. Mine is green and listed as a VZW system app when I try to freeze it in titanium. Infact I can't freeze it, it says it's frozen but continues to provide notifications to me.

Mine does something a little different. My status bar stops working whenever i get a missed call (icon in status bar). Has that happened to anyone?? and mine is on 233 i believe. (6.7.2233.xt875.verizon.en.us)

Last edited: