Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Sapphire 2.0 Release!

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
What a crazy 3 months it has been, with life in general getting in the way of development, but it's over and here is a release for everyone!

For the full list of changes please see the changelog at http://bit.ly/aH0ioL.

*Please note*

All Google apps that are available for download from the market will no longer be included in the CCRoms Google apps package, to facilitate updating the apps the way Google intends.

Also this release is FROYO, Gingerbread will most likely be our next release with this gem version's features ported to AOSP Gingerbread.

The Main Highlights:
Obsidian for the Droid X is now a fully stable build, some minor bugs might still exist, but otherwise it is rock solid.
Tanzanite for the Droid 2 is also stable build, since it is so close to the Droid X.
Emerald for the HTC Evo is also stable for all pre-2.10 and 2.02 hboot updates.
Sapphire is just as stable as ever.
Ruby has been updated to the Miui ril for better connectivity and is more stable than ever.

That's right we are now on 5 phones, Thanks for all of your support everyone!

Now for the important part, Obsidian 2.0, Ruby 2.0, Sapphire 2.0, Tanzanite 2.0 are released!

All Downloads are available under the downloads section on our wiki: http://wiki.ccroms.net

Be sure to read the wiki pages fully for known issues and install instructions for certain roms.

NOTE: Emerald has been having some kernel issues and 2.0 will be delayed slightly.

tjkriegel

Reaction score
Been waiting a long time for this! Thanks Sniffle and CVPCS for all you do for the android community!!

maybbmay

Reaction score
Excellent release! Running smoooooooth here! Thank you thank you for all of your hard work.
PHP:

Kias

Reaction score
Awesome so far! ...as if it'd be any other way. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

natezire71

Reaction score
YAY!!!! MADE MY DAY! :D

Question though... If 'gapps' aren't included, then why is there an update.zip for them on the download page?

mishterhaz

Reaction score
Spectacular release thus far. Runs like a champ :) thanks for all the hard work and keep it up!

Jizzylax

Reaction score
FYI ... and it is probably obvious to say this but I was curious to try it anyway.

The LFY kernels do not work on this ROM. At least the LFY 1.1 did not. Straight boot loop.

But great ROM. Very snappy!

Kias

Reaction score
Everything is running very smooth! New market is fine and everything is great! Gonna go figure out what that wiiremote thing is about now. Thanks again for having the best rom out there!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

flyinion

Reaction score

Question though... If 'gapps' aren't included, then why is there an update.zip for them on the download page?

Some gapps are included. If none were included you wouldn't be able to do things like log in to your phone the first time, or go the the market to get the rest of the apps. It's the non-essential ones like GMail and Maps for instance that are no longer included.

natezire71

Reaction score

Some gapps are included. If none were included you wouldn't be able to do things like log in to your phone the first time, or go the the market to get the rest of the apps. It's the non-essential ones like GMail and Maps for instance that are no longer included.

Oh, well thanks for the information. :) Appreciate it man.

dragonflyr

Reaction score
Monty P .. niice ..

anyway .. THANKS. been waiting for this release.

thanks again!