[ROM]Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Tanzanite 2.0 Release!

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
What a crazy 3 months it has been, with life in general getting in the way of development, but it's over and here is a release for everyone!

For the full list of changes please see the changelog at http://bit.ly/aH0ioL.

*Please note*

All Google apps that are available for download from the market will no longer be included in the CCRoms Google apps package, to facilitate updating the apps the way Google intends.

Also this release is FROYO, Gingerbread will most likely be our next release with this gem version's features ported to AOSP Gingerbread.

The Main Highlights:
Obsidian for the Droid X is now a fully stable build, some minor bugs might still exist, but otherwise it is rock solid.
Tanzanite for the Droid 2 is also stable build, since it is so close to the Droid X.
Emerald for the HTC Evo is also stable for all pre-2.10 and 2.02 hboot updates.
Sapphire is just as stable as ever.
Ruby has been updated to the Miui ril for better connectivity and is more stable than ever.

That's right we are now on 5 phones, Thanks for all of your support everyone!

Now for the important part, Obsidian 2.0, Ruby 2.0, Sapphire 2.0, Tanzanite 2.0 are released!

All Downloads are available under the downloads section on our wiki: http://wiki.ccroms.net

Be sure to read the wiki pages fully for known issues and install instructions for certain roms.

NOTE: Emerald has been having some kernel issues and 2.0 will be delayed slightly.

trook

Reaction score
Thank you for the rom! I have an install question. I was unable to find install instructions. I know that koush's bootstrap is a no no for this rom but as I understand it i just copy the rom to my sd, hold power, reboot, then recovery with no need to mount system? Thanks again!

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you for the rom! I have an install question. I was unable to find install instructions. I know that koush's bootstrap is a no no for this rom but as I understand it i just copy the rom to my sd, hold power, reboot, then recovery with no need to mount system? Thanks again!

you use koush's bootstrap to install like you would any other rom, just don't bootstrap koush's recovery after the rom has been installed.

also, make sure to wipe data/cache :D

bossofindy

Reaction score
If we can't bootstrap how do we get into recovery to do backups mount/unmount and other things that is needed to install themes or flash back to stock or other roms?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If we can't bootstrap how do we get into recovery to do backups mount/unmount and other things that is needed to install themes or flash back to stock or other roms?

tanzanite/obsidian come with there own copies of koush's clockwork recovery that should be available through Reboot->Recovery from the power menu (longpress power).

however, there seems to be some problems with tanzanite utilizing it.

read here: tanzanite:releases:2.0.0 [CCRoms Wiki] for more info.

bossofindy

Reaction score

tanzanite/obsidian come with there own copies of koush's clockwork recovery that should be available through Reboot->Recovery from the power menu (longpress power).

however, there seems to be some problems with tanzanite utilizing it.

read here: tanzanite:releases:2.0.0 [CCRoms Wiki] for more info.

Thanks just read the info good work everything is built in

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The droid 2 rom is in BETA mode. I have used sapphire roms in the past on my d1 and I can attest it is a good rom. If you test this rom you will do so at your own risk. The developer is testing it and are allowing people to get a peak. So please if you use it be prepared to flash a back up or possibly sbf. If you are unable to do either then hold off for the official release.

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Tanzanite downloads have been taken offline momentarily while i look into some recovery issues.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
as it looks it seems to be pretty buggy and lacks many important features since its doesn't have the cam/camcorder working and the gps is not pinpoint but i look forward to trying this out once it is safe and out of beta. Until then i'm more than happy with squidlyrom and mos of the times apex.