[ROM]Bring Out Your Dead.... We're Not Dead Yet - Obsidian 2.0 Release!

mich1248

Reaction score
with 2.0.1 out now...it was suppose to fix the battery problems but mine still died really quick...with rom manager and koushs bootstraper not installed..i played around with the rom alot and really liked it..i can deal with some of the known bugs but with the battery not lasted i had to flash back to another rom..anyone else still having the battery problem?

Thalinor

Reaction score
I can't thank you enough. I have been following this project since it was announced and can't wait to see things get ironed out. I know they will too, given some time. The bugs now prevent me from using the rom as I work on an ambulance and my phone is literally my lifeline to med control, something I can not loose but I can't wait till this project goes stable. Again, thank you very much for taking on the task of bringing a truly open source rom for the Droid X. It seriously means a lot that someone would take their own time and make up for the total nonsense we have been left with by Motorola.

I really don't think some of you ungrateful people making comments understand what they have done. We now have an upgrade path with our Droid X when Motorola decides not to support this device anymore. Hell, as far as I am concerned they are already no longer supporting the device. Without people like this in the Android community we would be left at the mercy of big companies like Motorola to get screwed as usual. This is what makes Android such an amazing platform. Do you see this much community support with iOS, Blackberry, WinMob? No, and you will never see it with any other current OS other then Android.

Seriously, if you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother posting. I am not saying you have to be a crazy fanboy, but lets keep it constructive. First, it says BETA for a reason. Second, they clearly state the bugs in several locations. Yes, to me some of these are a big issue; therefor I did not install the rom. You have a choice; no one is forcing you. What point does it make to state the obvious regarding known bugs? They said they were working on them; if you can't deal with the problems just wait till they get fixed. We just went through a long holiday season; its expected things would slow down while people spent time with their family. These people are not getting paid to make roms for your phone, its totally volunteer.

I hate people who complain when someone spends hundreds, if not thousands of hours working on something, and gives it to them for free. If you have such a problem with things here, go buy an POS CDMA iPhone. Your just too cool for us Android users.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just found this rom, loving it. Im not experiencing any of the known bugs... but my market is having issues. I installed the gapps.zip, but wheb i try to install an app i get an error complaining about no space. Tips to fix? Thanks in advance!

I also have issues with turning to wifi radio off... Its stuck on!

Sent from my DROIDX

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Just found this rom, loving it. Im not experiencing any of the known bugs... but my market is having issues. I installed the gapps.zip, but wheb i try to install an app i get an error complaining about no space. Tips to fix? Thanks in advance!

I also have issues with turning to wifi radio off... Its stuck on!

Sent from my DROIDX

yeah same here with that application not being able to install because i dont have any room. great rom though.