Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US - Who Needs It?

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I have UPLOADED file to Dropbox and is ready for some magic to be worked! PM me your email address if you want to download. I also have it uploaded to rapidshare, your choice though so let me know which you prefer. I expect DL speed will be slow due to multiple downloaders, so if someone else wants to add to their dropbox to spread the load, that would be cool.​

I'm still waiting for my update to come, my wives phone is updated .902 with root, debloated and backed up via Safestrap already....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/61128903/Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip

Updated with link in my OP if anyone is still in need of .893 to .902 update!

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
And there you go. If you have 5.9.901 this won't work.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Yes it will. I was one of the originals pushed the .901 OTA and I was able to pull and update without a hitch.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Got your email and downloaded flawlessly. Thanks again i will be installing shortly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I found an alternate link on XDA -- there was some confusion over there about the .901 vs. .902 files, but I found the right version by comparing file sizes. Installed flawlessly on my Bionic -- even retained root (with Forever Root). I decided to host the correct file on my Dropbox for now rather than linking to XDA due to the confusion over there.

Here's the verified correct .902 update file.

Screenshot from my phone to show this is .902 and not .901:

View attachment 47036

jayrod718

Reaction score
Somebody try this with rooted 901 and see if it works, I don't want to risk it until I see some others with success.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
2THEXTRM

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Just to clarify, my .902 link is the correct file, pulled from my wifes cache prior to OTA install but this link is easier than adding everyone to my dropbox lol.

How do I get the public link? supposed to just right click and obtain address but option not available. I can add my link as well to speed up the download process!

coradon42

Reaction score
thanks for the link. downloaded installed runs smooth and sweet.

dberthia

Reaction score
Having a problem trying to install this. I'm on 5.5.893, and here are my versions prior to update:

View attachment 47044

When I run the update, I see:

assert failed
getprop("ro.product.device")=="cdma_targa" || getprop("ro.build.product"=="cdma_targa")

A while back I installed a leak, but thought I properly got everything back to 5.5.893. Any ideas?

UPDATE: Looks like this was failing because I was trying to run the update via Clockworkmod Recovery. Once I booted into stock recovery I was able to successfully apply the update. Maintained root too, so I'm a happy camper.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

dstreng

Reaction score
i forgot how to install these kind of updates. Can someone gimme a quick refresh?

I downloaded onto sdcard btw, not ota

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Just to clarify, my .902 link is the correct file, pulled from my wifes cache prior to OTA install but this link is easier than adding everyone to my dropbox lol.

How do I get the public link? supposed to just right click and obtain address but option not available. I can add my link as well to speed up the download process!

Sorry, didn't mean to imply there were any issues with your file -- was just trying to help speed things up by providing an alternate download method. The issues were on the XDA forums.

Your file must be in the Public subfolder of your Dropbox folder in order to generate a link. Once it's there, you just right-click the file, select Dropbox > Copy public link, and then paste it to the forum.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
i forgot how to install these kind of updates. Can someone gimme a quick refresh?

I downloaded onto sdcard btw, not ota

First, make sure the file is on your external SD card (sd-ext) and not the internal storage that some apps misreport as sdcard.

Power down your phone, then reboot while holding volume up and volume down at the same time. Then use volume down to highlight Recovery, and press volume up to select. When you get the screen with the ! symbol, press volume up and down again to bring up the menu. Use the volume keys to highlight Update from Zip, and then tap power. Next use the volume keys to highlight the update file and tap power to select. From there it should perform the update. When done, select Reboot Now.

Last edited:

bdsullivan76

Reaction score

If you long press a file in dropbox you will get a menu, chose share then link and it will generate a special dropbox link. I will usually chose to send it to myself via messaging then long press the link in my message and copy and paste it wherever. That link will be good as long as the file remains in the dropbox folder you are sharing it from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk