Blur and Blurless

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this new ROM with the powers combined. My one and only request...

Please make an option for Blur or Blurless.

I'm rocking GummyJar... and love it. But I really like some of the Blur apps. Such as the Social Network widgets.

Thanks for all your time and consideration!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
On of Liberty's main pillars is freedom- from pre loaded crapware. Including blur-ware would sort of defeat the purpose (though I agree with you, I specifically prefer the blur calendar over aosp) if you want a nice mix between blur and blurless run ApeX. You wont regret it.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
yhwhsozo

yhwhsozo

Reaction score
I see your point. But maybe let the Blur apps be able to be added to the ROM. I ran apex for a little bit. But gumjar runs so smooth and fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I ran GJ too at stock clock, and actually found ApeX to run far smoother on my phone- while underclocked. Option is nice, but think of fission- pure Android, and think of this as useful additions to that.

Sent from my DROIDX

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There will be the option to install a few blur apps from within the Liberty Toolbox... Not many just the Alarm, Keyboard, Camera, FM Radio, Music and MyNet..

Notice, all these apps are of descent to high quality and require little to no extra blur back-end software to run. Things such as the Dialer, Contacts, Calendar, Email and Messaging would require a complete rework to the base and take the ROM in an undesirable direction.

Slow88lx

Reaction score
What about things like DLNA and sound cancellation during phone calls?

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Tried to get DLNA to work bu tit started to get messy.. sound cancellation (something I didn't even know about) is more than likely part of the dialer.

phrozen087

Reaction score
There will be the option to install a few blur apps from within the Liberty Toolbox... Not many just the Alarm, Keyboard, Camera, FM Radio, Music and MyNet..

Notice, all these apps are of descent to high quality and require little to no extra blur back-end software to run. Things such as the Dialer, Contacts, Calendar, Email and Messaging would require a complete rework to the base and take the ROM in an undesirable direction.

Glad to hear this. While I know some people like blur I'm glad to get as far away from it as possible.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk.

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Agreed, its the whole point of the ROM. I do miss the blur dialer and contacts a bit, but its worth the sacrifice to run as smoothly as gummy does. Besides, there are a few pretty functional 3rd party dialers out there.

Batbriel

Reaction score
What about the Gallery, I mean I'll survive with the 3D Gallery if everything else is pure awesomeness LOL , but I rather have a 2D gallery, the stock moto-gallery if u will :D

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What about the Gallery, I mean I'll survive with the 3D Gallery if everything else is pure awesomeness LOL , but I rather have a 2D gallery, the stock moto-gallery if u will :D

2D Gallery, not the blur one, will be available in the toolbox..

jvward

Reaction score
Im assuming no hdmi out too then

Anyone know if this works or not. Its not a deal breaker for me if it doesn't but it would be nice if it did. I used to use it back when I was on tranquility pretty often

rolandct

Reaction score

Tried to get DLNA to work bu tit started to get messy.. sound cancellation (something I didn't even know about) is more than likely part of the dialer.

Is this a never then for DLNA or possible in the future? Not to nag but just wanted clarification as DLNA is something I use.