Blur or blurless?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Looking to find out the major difference from blurred roms to blurless.

Sent from my DROIDX

XDRDX

Reaction score
Blurred has the Motorola email, text messaging, dialer app, and widgets. Blurless has all standard android (AOSP) versions of those apps, plus it is drastically stripped down from having bloat software to make the phone run faster and smoother.

I personally prefer Blurred because I like things like speed dial and the ability to move my Exchange email between folders without an after market app. I also prefer the Motorola CarHome app.

This is the basics there are many more intricate changes that I am not going to list.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
jsw6380a

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Makes sense. I am trying both currently. I loved the blurred darkside so we will see how no blur goes. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

MrKleen

Reaction score
I prefer Roms that have at least the Blur email app.

teh_g

Reaction score
I don't really use any of the Blur apps, so I personally prefer Blurless ROMs.

satinsilver

Reaction score
blur makes my eyes hurt as i have to squint hahah!! blurless all the way! its like buying a PC from a retail store. bring it home and use it but watch as over time it slows due to all the crap installed from the factory. especially once you've added your own stuff. even with a stripped blur IMO most of the crap u just don't need or want. thats why I like fission as it seems to have no blur at all. its nice booting a fresh install and seeing under 15 apps in the app grid.

OR buy the same computer and instead bring it home erase the hard drive and install ONLY the operating system (a hacked version perferably) hehe.... either way its ALWAYS going to run 10x faster as it is stripped down. not only that but will be much cleaner. good for OCD anal people like me who spend more time moving their beautiful widgets clock around trying to find the best spot than anything else on the phone. anyone else have that problem lol.

long story short IMO blurless. theres always something someone else made that is better or as good to replace whatever blur crap you might want. for a while i thought i NEEDED and had to have backup assistant. NOPE!! I dont :)

besides blurless is more fun. makes me feel smart since something like fission is so stripped.

Last edited: