What ROMS Actually USE Blur? What are the perks of NOT having Blur?

cpjr

Reaction score
Blur is just Motorola's bloatware "overlay" on top of vanilla (bone stock) Android. Some functions and apps/additions to Android. Non-blur roms dont loose any functionality, but some is just replaced with stock android.

HDMI out is a blur (Motorola) app, hence the reason it will not work on blurless, same with the radio app. A few apps have been ported over already.

IMHO, blurless is the way to go....the phone runs MUCH better and you dont "loose" anything. But thats just my personal opinion.

your right... it is just personal opinion, but hdmi capabilities may have been a major reason why some people bought this phone, but at the same time, despise blur. bone stock vanilla doesn't support hdmi, but like i said, in time, blurless roms will be able to allow the droid x's hardware to function to their full capabilities, which include hdmi, and other functions. Some blur people like, but can't function at the expense of other blur...so it's being able to get the functions to work without the expense of other functions.

Yeah just depends on the person, I have never even tried the HDMI function (while it still worked) and could care less about it. Ive got a blu-ray player, xbox, PS3 and Apple TV all using HDMI.....I got it covered, lol.