Blurred/blurrless

dolfanpete

Reaction score
What does this mean. If I can get a rom blurred or blurless what is the difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Blur is Motorola's user interface. It includes their take on the system apps as well as their launcher and their social networking apps. A blurless phone would basically be the stock Google experience.

tappin and a talkin

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
So blurred would have more options s? It sounds like blurred would be better?

Blur is Motorola's user interface. It includes their take on the system apps as well as their launcher and their social networking apps. A blurless phone would basically be the stock Google experience.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well its all a matter of preference. I run a blurless rom and have for quite some time. I don't use any of the blur apps (I.e. messaging social networking launcher etc) so having them there is a waste of space and resources.

tappin and a talkin

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Ahhhhh. So if I would either want to post a pic to Facebook or text message go with blurred?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
No. Facebook is an app that you can download from the market. Basically everything. What a blurless rom is removing all of the custom motorola apps (messaging, calendar, dialer, email, etc...) and replace them with standard AOSP (stock android) apps.

I run ApeX 1.3.1 so I can choose certain aspects to be blur and certain ones to be AOSP.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Also a touchy thing, but freezing or deleting the blur apk's through Titanium Backup is a way to cut down on the interference of blur. There is some contention as to which apk's are and aren't blur apk's but there are definitely a few threads concerning it. Not sure about Rubix, but Darkslide's 4.1 downloads come in "with" or without blur.

Running DS4.1 (with blur) now with ADW's launcher and it's phenomenally fast.

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
That's funny you mention darkslide I just downloaded that rom a few minutes ago to try it out. Heard some good things about that rom.

Also a touchy thing, but freezing or deleting the blur apk's through Titanium Backup is a way to cut down on the interference of blur. There is some contention as to which apk's are and aren't blur apk's but there are definitely a few threads concerning it. Not sure about Rubix, but Darkslide's 4.1 downloads come in "with" or without blur.

the5barrons

Reaction score
That's funny you mention darkslide I just downloaded that rom a few minutes ago to try it out. Heard some good things about that rom.

Did you dl the blur or no blur?

"what evrrrrr"

OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Blurred

Did you dl the blur or no blur?

"what evrrrrr"

jsw6380a

Reaction score
The blurred version of this ROM is absolutely amazing. I have tried no Blur also but I like the blurred a lot. DarkSlide is the best ROM currently IMO.. dancedroid

the5barrons

Reaction score
The blurred version of this ROM is absolutely amazing. I have tried no Blur also but I like the blurred a lot. DarkSlide is the best ROM currently IMO.. dancedroid

I still froze a bunch of stuff that I don't normally use. I don't think it was enough to make a difference. The rom is so smooth and quick regardless.

"what evrrrrr"