Bionic webtop 3.0 with ICS update?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well whats the difference between the lap dock and the webtops? I have the lapdock.....

Webtop is the stripped down Debian distro which outputs to the lapdock. Moto calls webtop an "application" - but it's actually a secondary OS.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah this webtop has no memory errors at all an i pushed it to the max plus the GB webtop looks like crap compared to this i think moto is going in the right direction with this just needs a bit more polishing with over all features

That is because instead of loading a secondary Linux OS on top of the Android OS already running, Webtop 3.0 simply leverages the tablet mode of the native ICS install. With this version of webtop, if you don't get errors on the phone doing a given operation, you won't on the webtop.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ubuntu install? The only thing that webtop has right now is mobile view and an old version of firefox with two plug-ins, citrix and flash.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

It's actually Debian, not Ubuntu. But it is a VERY stripped down version of Debian. It doesn't contain handy things like update managers and package managers. You're pretty much stuck with what they give you (unless you do the Ubuntu "webtop" hack - which isn't really pertinent to the discussion because at that point you are running Ubuntu, NOT Webtop)

chuck54

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
It's actually Debian, not Ubuntu. But it is a VERY stripped down version of Debian. It doesn't contain handy things like update managers and package managers. You're pretty much stuck with what they give you (unless you do the Ubuntu "webtop" hack - which isn't really pertinent to the discussion because at that point you are running Ubuntu, NOT Webtop)

Sorry to hijack, but where is this webtop hack located? I might want to try this

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
chuck54 said:
Sorry to hijack, but where is this webtop hack located? I might want to try this

Lol its ok we are talking about webtop after all

djembeman

Reaction score
Flash Support... Something to keep an eye on!

I purchased a Droid RAZR MAXX before I would lose my upgrade and/or unlimited data and received the update to ICS a few days ago. As part of the install Adobe Flash Player is stripped from your phone and after you go back to the market to re-install it, most Flash Websites do NOT function. I think it mostly effects embedded flash videos, but it kinda sucks, because now on the LapDock (or phone of course) you can't watch movies on your favorite Flash Video websites.

My assumption is that the Bionic will get the same version of software as the RAZR; 4.0.4. It is pretty nice, I just wish I didn't lose flash support already.

Screenshots are super easy on ICS by the way (native to ICS). They are especially easy on the LapDock 500. There is a "print screen" key! On the phone, all you do is simultaneously hold down the power and -volume buttons (down) for about 3 seconds until you hear the camera shutter sound.

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
djembeman said:
I purchased a Droid RAZR MAXX before I would lose my upgrade and/or unlimited data and received the update to ICS a few days ago. As part of the install Adobe Flash Player is stripped from your phone and after you go back to the market to re-install it, most Flash Websites do NOT function. I think it mostly effects embedded flash videos, but it kinda sucks, because now on the LapDock (or phone of course) you can't watch movies on your favorite Flash Video websites.

My assumption is that the Bionic will get the same version of software as the RAZR; 4.0.4. It is pretty nice, I just wish I didn't lose flash support already.

Screenshots are super easy on ICS by the way (native to ICS). They are especially easy on the LapDock 500. There is a "print screen" key! On the phone, all you do is simultaneously hold down the power and -volume buttons (down) for about 3 seconds until you hear the camera shutter sound.

Yeah that is one thing Ill miss is the flash but I knew it was coming and less and less sites will be using it. Adobe had announced they were stopping and said the Nexus would be the last one.

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Can you just not side load flash and use another browser taht supports it (boat, dolphin, etc?)