DROID Bionic Accessory Lineup Will Include Webtop Adapter for Quick, Inexpensive...

darkmatter

Reaction score
This sounds exactly like the d3 dock. I use bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With hdmi out, my d3 could replace my desktop for most everything but gaming and photoshopping.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

tommyg562000

Reaction score
All apps should be free? Are you feeling alright? That doesn't even make sense. (I am perfectly willing to pay for the device...)
But rather than argue about a fictional device that does not exist I will just end the conversation.

EDIT: OH! I just realized that you didn't read the posts above this one... So, for someone who didn't read the entire thread it would perhaps appear as though I was advocating getting the adapter for free... My first statement was regarding the new "affordable" option and someone replied that I could buy an adapter for $30... This of course would be in addition to the price of the original adapter. Which is why I made the statement - "Oh, so spend more money to adapt a device that should do what I need? Truth be told... I would never have the balls to do a presentation using my phone. Yet..."

The device I was talking about in that statement was the actual "affordable option" adapter... Oh well. I apologize for your confusion due to my lack of repeating myself again.

You fail to read what you wrote. Your logic still states that apps should be free (don't get hung up and the part about apps being software and the phone being hardware; I know that can be confusing.)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

googlelover

Reaction score
All apps should be free? Are you feeling alright? That doesn't even make sense. (I am perfectly willing to pay for the device...)
But rather than argue about a fictional device that does not exist I will just end the conversation.

EDIT: OH! I just realized that you didn't read the posts above this one... So, for someone who didn't read the entire thread it would perhaps appear as though I was advocating getting the adapter for free... My first statement was regarding the new "affordable" option and someone replied that I could buy an adapter for $30... This of course would be in addition to the price of the original adapter. Which is why I made the statement - "Oh, so spend more money to adapt a device that should do what I need? Truth be told... I would never have the balls to do a presentation using my phone. Yet..."

The device I was talking about in that statement was the actual "affordable option" adapter... Oh well. I apologize for your confusion due to my lack of repeating myself again.
I think the point he was making is the adapter has a specific purpose and you feel it should have included more even though theres an adapter to make it work how you want, but you don't want to pay for it. Its like buying the phone and expecting to have games that you want to play payed for and on it already. See his point?

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Not to try and keep this going, but I think the point he was trying to make was he was willing to buy the adapter, but didn't want to have to buy an adapter for his adapter. Please don't say use "new tv's or monitors" in response, it's not real world. For any one that does presentations, it's not legitimate. I would never assume that I can use an HDMI connection for a presentation EVEN AFTER CONFIRMING IT. I have asked about this only to find out the person giving me the answer didn't understand the difference between a VGA/HDMI/DVI. That unfortunately is real world lol!

dlo-htown

Reaction score
One of the questions asked in the beginning of this thread was that since we all pretty much have laptops, who would want to use the lapdock accessory?

Well, true, I have a laptop, but it's old, and it's slow... and if my phone ends up being a faster computer than my current laptop, I would glad buy the lapdock accessory... it just comes down to the price of it.

If it's close to the price of a laptop computer, then, I'd be more inclined to just buy another laptop with its larger disk storage/memory/connectivity capabilities.

Keep the price reasonable Moto!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I posted a similar post over in the News section... but would it be safe to assume that it will a lot like the lapdock for the Atrix?

If that is the case, you are looking at $500 for full retail, but a lot of places are selling it highly discounted.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I posted a similar post over in the News section... but would it be safe to assume that it will a lot like the lapdock for the Atrix?

If that is the case, you are looking at $500 for full retail, but a lot of places are selling it highly discounted.

The article at the top of this thread stated that the lapdock for the Atrix was not successful due to the "insanely high" price tag of it... and was suggested that Motorola's CEO was aware of that, mentioning a vague statement of "adjustments" being made... lots of nebulous innuendo, but I'm hoping it's not anywhere near $500, as that's simply highway robbery, and Motorola will once again find that a lot of folks know how to find alternatives to their ridiculously high-priced "solutions".

Here's to hoping they are capable of learning lessons...

:)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
**Palm, meet face** Sorry, I didn't read the article.

That makes sense; I noticed a few reviews on the amazon listing saying "Why should I spend $400 on this dock when I can spend $500 and get a substantially more functional netbook?" which is a fantastic question.

yiannis

Reaction score
Not to try and keep this going, but I think the point he was trying to make was he was willing to buy the adapter, but didn't want to have to buy an adapter for his adapter. Please don't say use "new tv's or monitors" in response, it's not real world. For any one that does presentations, it's not legitimate. I would never assume that I can use an HDMI connection for a presentation EVEN AFTER CONFIRMING IT. I have asked about this only to find out the person giving me the answer didn't understand the difference between a VGA/HDMI/DVI. That unfortunately is real world lol!

Hmm, you just ruined my day :( So there would be no way to connect to Bionic to a such a projector?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
One of the questions asked in the beginning of this thread was that since we all pretty much have laptops, who would want to use the lapdock accessory?

Well, true, I have a laptop, but it's old, and it's slow... and if my phone ends up being a faster computer than my current laptop, I would glad buy the lapdock accessory... it just comes down to the price of it.

If it's close to the price of a laptop computer, then, I'd be more inclined to just buy another laptop with its larger disk storage/memory/connectivity capabilities.

Keep the price reasonable Moto!

Looks like we have an awnser.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...8384-bionic-lapdock-299-97-a.html#post1710450