webtop 3.0 on razr ICS leak is insane!!!!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i have a lapdock 500 pro an when installed the leak an never thought to plug my lapdock in well i did. An this new webtop is insane it works better than 2.0 cuz it integrates even more of the phones an ICS features into webtop along with some new features that webtop has of its own here are some pics of webtop 3.0 best way i can say it is its my razr as a laptop an webtop gives it a whole new experience were as 2.0 was a little of both not full integration of both.

View attachment 50497

View attachment 50498

View attachment 50499

View attachment 50500

View attachment 50501

View attachment 50502

View attachment 50503

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Does the sound from phone and/or skype get channeled to the lapdock speakers yet?

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Jungle King 76 said:
For me the sound does not work. It worked great while in beta but as soon as I updated to 206 with web top 3.0 there is no sound. :-(

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Him thats strange maybe a bad install my razr kinda was acting querky the first time so i did a FDR an sound works for me just got done with a phone call using the lapdock about 5 min ago

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What's a lapdock?

A lap dock essentially turns your phone into a lap top. It uses the phone as the processor, and it has a keyboard and a screen.

There are different models.. hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Caden

Reaction score
Ok but it's not *really* a laptop is it? I mean can you run Windows and shyte likea dat?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Ok but it's not *really* a laptop is it? I mean can you run Windows and shyte likea dat?

Not unless you figure out a way to put Windows on your phone and make the software work.

It's not a standalone product. The lapdock is basically just a screen, keyboard, ports, and battery. There is no cpu, no ram, no storage, etc. It has to be connected to a Webtop-enabled phone. Once connected, it basically turns into an Android laptop, using the computing power of your phone.

The closest thing to it is the upcoming Asus PadFone that docks the phone into the tablet. All of the computing power is in the phone, with none in the dock. This just connects to a laptop-like device (that Motorola calls a lapdock) with a screen and keyboard instead of just a screen. You can also think of it just like the Asus Transformer line of tablets, but instead of docking the tablet to a keyboard, you connect your phone to a screen and keyboard. One of the nice things about it is that you use your phone's data connection and essentially have an Android laptop that's always online. You can also answer/make calls as well as send and receive text messages while docked.

Since it debuted, Webtop has mostly been a mess. A great idea that was never fully developed. Now, instead of trying to create a different type of OS, Motorola has decided to just go the ICS tablet route with Webtop. In my opinion, it's a smart move that will make Webtop much more usable and much more versatile. I'd be surprised if we don't see a PadFone-style tablet dock for future Motorola phones.

Last edited:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Not unless you figure out a way to put Windows on your phone and make the software work.

It's not a standalone product. The lapdock is basically just a screen, keyboard, ports, and battery. There is no cpu, no ram, no storage, etc. It has to be connected to a Webtop-enabled phone. Once connected, it basically turns into an Android laptop, using the computing power of your phone.

The closest thing to it is the upcoming Asus PadFone that docks the phone into the tablet. All of the computing power is in the phone, with none in the dock. This just connects to a laptop-like device (that Motorola calls a lapdock) with a screen and keyboard instead of just a screen. You can also think of it just like the Asus Transformer line of tablets, but instead of docking the tablet to a keyboard, you connect your phone to a screen and keyboard. One of the nice things about it is that you use your phone's data connection and essentially have an Android laptop that's always online. You can also answer/make calls as well as send and receive text messages while docked.

Since it debuted, Webtop has mostly been a mess. A great idea that was never fully developed. Now, instead of trying to create a different type of OS, Motorola has decided to just go the ICS tablet route with Webtop. In my opinion, it's a smart move that will make Webtop much more usable and much more versatile. I'd be surprised if we don't see a PadFone-style tablet dock for future Motorola phones.

In other words......its pointless!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
In other words......its pointless!!!

I wouldn't call it pointless, especially with the switch to making it an Android tablet interface. I actually do a lot of work on my Asus Transformer with the keyboard dock, and this will provide people with a similar experience. The downside in that comparison is that none of the lapdocks so far have a touch screen to go along with the keyboard. A big plus is that you're able to use your phone's data connection directly without having to worry about tethering. I think there's a lot of potential here, and Motorola is definitely heading in the right direction with the changes in Webtop 3.0.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I plug the phone HDMI to my TV it loads webtop 3.0 and the phone becomes a touch screen mouse...
Now someone needs to come out with wireless HDMI so I can sit on the sofa and surf android style on the HD.....

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

texbuck

Reaction score
Use the HD Station with usb keyboard and mouse or better yet, bluetooth should work without the docking station.
Just a thought....

texbuck