Bionic Slaughters the Iphone 4S in Data Speed

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I get great 4g here in Florida. And as far as I'm concerned this SIRI or whatever the voice this is is a gimmick. Who's going to be talking to their phones? Google has had the capability to speak stuff for a while. Personally I only use it for navigation.

If anything Android needs some better games. My kids just got ITouch's and the games rock.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
IMO, there is no such thing as a phone "killing" another phone. Every device has its pros and cons. Just saying…

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

So true. There has been iPhone "killers" since its launched....and it doesnt look like its going to die anytime soon. Like OneTenderRebel said....sales say otherwise about ppl saying it underwhelmed, disappointed. There are some ppl out there that wanted it and sales show it. What shocked me last year or this year... I saw a few articles about the next iPhone being the Android "killer". Android has finally arrived for ppl to mention Android "killers"...lol Although....one could say the iPhone was the old Win Mo killer. It never recovered after the iPhone launched and Android knocked it down some more. And the iPhone and Android is affecting WP7. Then looking at RIM probably getting replaced with Android in the govt..RIM losing market share.

One might can say the iPhone and Android were Win Mo and RIM killers..time will tell on that tho.

I get great 4g here in Florida. And as far as I'm concerned this SIRI or whatever the voice this is is a gimmick. Who's going to be talking to their phones? Google has had the capability to speak stuff for a while. Personally I only use it for navigation.

If anything Android needs some better games. My kids just got ITouch's and the games rock.

For some reason my girlfriend wanted to try the voice features on my Droid X1 yesterday and was surprised how well it worked for using the GPS. Is it because of all the attention Siri is getting? Who knows...but if it is it shows Apple does as least one thing very, very well: getting peoples attention. Personally I would only use something like Siri with a Bluetooth earpiece.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Also breaking news, reports have it that indeed the ocean is wet, unworn bra's are booby traps, and Charlie Sheen is rich.

Who knew... :rolleyes:

diablo81588

Reaction score
Of course it does....iphone isn't 4g

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

Its not 4g,but apple tried to brag on their "revolutionary" new antenna design and saying that you would get 4g speeds with a 3g radio. Obviously that didnt work out too well.. lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

hydro556

Reaction score
4 years have gone by and i still don't understand the iphone madness.

Have you ever used one? I am not an Apple owner, but have used them enough to know they are very well built phones. I prefer Android for sure, but I can understand why a lot of folks dig them.

Their crazy fans annoy me, but the product is great.

billyk

Reaction score
Have you ever used one? I am not an Apple owner, but have used them enough to know they are very well built phones. I prefer Android for sure, but I can understand why a lot of folks dig them.

Their crazy fans annoy me, but the product is great.

I am a reformed Apple bigot, with very serious credentials that go back to the early 80's.

I disconnected with Apple in the late 90's, once I realized that the Intel/Microsoft platform aquired equal multimedia production capabilities (my job) but far surpassed Apple on the compatibilty front. Never looked back.

But I agree with the frustrating Apple fanboi/sheep that really don't own-up to reality. All that I've heard is that the 4s has revolutionary capabilities to connect to a "cloud service", to "recognize your commands" and that it's the "fastest" phone money can buy. I am sure it's a solid piece of hardware, Apple has always been known for that. But for those that understand current technology, the sheep comments and worse yet, the media, are frustrating to listen to.

Some rational perspectives that say that "it's a good phone", "Siri has some functions that Android voice apps don't have yet, and vice versa", or "the 4s dual cores are fast but in practice 3G is nowhere near 4G, so the user experience is that the 4s really doesn't respond as quickly for many tasks", would be refreshing to hear.

Still, the power of Apple flavored kool-aid is undeniably strong.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The fact that people get so frustrated because someone thinks their iPhone is the best is so ridiculously weird to me. Its an inanimate object people. Apple fans didn't come to your house and steal your lunch money or give you a swirly, so why get frustrated when they think their phone is the best. Yet somehow when an Android fan thinks their phone is the best its always spot on, hmm.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

billyk

Reaction score
The fact that people get so frustrated because someone thinks their iPhone is the best is so ridiculously weird to me. Its an inanimate object people. Apple fans didn't come to your house and steal your lunch money or give you a swirly, so why get frustrated when they think their phone is the best. Yet somehow when an Android fan thinks their phone is the best its always spot on, hmm.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Well, there's more to it than that.

First, I never think that Android phones are best - can't speak for others here.

Secondly, it's actually not just the iPhone that gets under my skin, it's the entire Apple ecosystem: iPods, iPads, iTunes, iEverything. Made worse by the current mindset that Steve Jobs was the best inventor since Da Vinci.

So, do I have Apple issues? I think so. :biggrin:
But I'd still like to hear more rational comments from the Apple sheep (and Android fans as well!).

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
But I'd still like to hear more rational comments from the Apple sheep (and Android fans as well!).
Totally agree there, there is always irrational fans of any major brand, team, movies, music and so on. My point is, why let it bother you. Apple fanbois are no more irrational than Android fanbois.

Every parent loves their kid and thinks he/she is the absolute best but in reality some kids are just better than others, haha.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
4 years have gone by and i still don't understand the iphone madness.

You and me both.. I've messed with the iPhones and iPods over the years and still don't get it either

But to be stuck with a 3g phone the next 2 years is the real madness

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
You and me both.. I've messed with the iPhones and iPods over the years and still don't get it either

But to be stuck with a 3g phone the next 2 years is the real madness

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

To each his own though, I mean no it's not for you guys but for others it fits them well enough. I really like Mac computers but still have no desire to buy an iPhone or iPad. I mean I think they are quality products but after getting the D1 and realizing its full potential it's hard to look for anything that isn't exactly like the D1 as far as ease of root and all that good stuff (c'mon Nexus!)