Slow 3G speeds lately

pabowhunter

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing slow speeds from there razr lately???? Just ran the speed app test , and I know it's not that reliable but 909 kpbs down is super slow especially when I ran same test on my friends Iphone 4S running off of H2O and just got over 3 down... And he is on a 60.00 plan..... I wonder what the heck is going on here..... Im very dissatisfied lately....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mattman5000

Reaction score
Same here. I noticed that yesterday in the Dallas area. I've got a new Razr Maxx. Yesterday, I had turned 4g off to compare battery life. I ran speedtest on 3G at my home and at the offce (20 miles apart), download speed in the 200-300 kpbs at both locations. I just tried it again at the office and got 96kbps. On the other hand, 4G tested fine at 8737kbps.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same here. I noticed that yesterday in the Dallas area. I've got a new Razr Maxx. Yesterday, I had turned 4g off to compare battery life. I ran speedtest on 3G at my home and at the offce (20 miles apart), download speed in the 200-300 kpbs at both locations. I just tried it again at the office and got 96kbps. On the other hand, 4G tested fine at 8737kbps.

It's a conspiracy to force everybody to an LTE phone :tongue:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would believe that if everywhere had 4G:icon_evil:

I had it for 6 hours right here at my desk two days ago and haven't seen it since:mad:

Oh trust me, that's what they want. They're not releasing any more phones that don't have LTE capabilities, and they plan on phasing out the 3G network by the end of 2013, at least that's what they were saying a few months ago. Seems hard to believe, and not really feasible, but who knows...

huskur

Reaction score
Oh trust me, that's what they want. They're not releasing any more phones that don't have LTE capabilities, and they plan on phasing out the 3G network by the end of 2013, at least that's what they were saying a few months ago. Seems hard to believe, and not really feasible, but who knows...

I was told that exact same thing by a Verizon rep that was helping me diagnose my issue