Bionic Screen/Picture Issues

ckleinfeld

Reaction score
The UFC pic looks fine, wish I was rooted so I could do a screen capture. It's not a "squint just right and tilt your phone funny" kinda issue......its more of a "wth, did a clown put your make up on" kinda thing. And no, when I mirror to an external display, the issue is not present on the external display. That said, I can't believe its an image processing issue. Other odd thing, severity of the problem can change from one power cycle to the next.

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
The UFC pic looks fine, wish I was rooted so I could do a screen capture. It's not a "squint just right and tilt your phone funny" kinda issue......its more of a "wth, did a clown put your make up on" kinda thing. And no, when I mirror to an external display, the issue is not present on the external display. That said, I can't believe its an image processing issue. Other odd thing, severity of the problem can change from one power cycle to the next.

This app works on the Bionic without root.. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.edwardkim.android.screenshotitfull&hl=en

You can take 5 shots and then it wants you to pay.

slvne

Reaction score
Picture Taking Issues

Hi,

So, i've had the Bionic for two weeks now and just about every picture that i take looks pretty good if not great on the Bionic's screen, however, when i post to facebook you see an awful grainy photo. The photos on my original Motorola Droid look 100 times better. Is there a simple setting that i'm missing here? Anyone else have this issue? tks

ramosgirl

Reaction score
That was a MUCH better description than mine. They gave me 2 different bionic phones and it is all the same. I love the phone but the picture issue just kills it

I have the same problem with my phone. The picture quality is horrible. I owned a htc thunderbolt and it took amazing pictures. Everyone talk and brag aboout what great pictures it took. If anyone can figure out what the issues is with the camera. Please let me know.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I think i know the problem.....If you were to go to google and look through images through the browser image viewer it downscales the photo causing it to blur on such a high res screen, if you go to the top and click on view full photo it will come up crystal clear. I just looked at about 50 pictures that all looked bad in the image viewer and then opened the full picture and it looked amazing, no joke try this, google hd wallpapers and click on one and it will be blury and ugly but if you click on the view full size the picture will look fantastic to say the least. Im not sure as why your old pictures would look bad but im sure it has something to do with them being low resolution.

Good point. Many sites will display a low res thumbnail and have associated larger size higher/res images for viewing. A couple of other things to consider regarding image quality...
1.) When someone scans an image from a newspaper or magazine. In this case, those pics are printed using a "line screen", if you do not de-screen them when you scan them, then post/display them you will more often than not have "moire patterns" (strange visual effects) associated with them.
2.) If you open an image you think looks blurry in an image viewer, Photoshop Elements or things of that ilk and see the resolution is below 150 dpi, when you expand them, you will see pixelization.

If you can store a photo you have taken on your phone and it looks good, likely an issues with the image not your phone

bluezdawg

Reaction score

FYI, I have been using "No Root ScreenShot It"... a little clunky to setup up, but works great!

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Here is an example of a screen shot of a photo using No Root ScreenShot It
Curious to see how it look myself.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Here is an example of a screen shot of a photo using No Root ScreenShot It<br>
Curious to see how it look myself.<br><br>

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Theoriginal was a higher res jpeg, ScreenShot It did take a lower res screenshot, but all in all what I'd expect... thumbnail is a bit pixelated//fuzzy, when click on the image, it display larger, fairly close to the original.&nbsp; Good enough for me! (otherwise shoot with a Canon or Nikon SLR ;-)<br><br>