Bionic 6.7.246 Manually update Download link

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moto-Droid-Bionic-ICS-2.jpeg

A few days we announced that Verizon started the official 6.7.264 ICS Over The Air Roll out for the Droid Bionic! Since then only a very small percentage of you have actually received the ota update. Apparently the last round of soaktest were sent out today, and the rest should be getting the update soon. If you are like me you probably don't care to wait on that ota, and instead would rather just update manually. Lucky for you "WinDroidGuy" posted the update.zip over at XDA. Before you go further you should be sure that you are currently on GB 5.9.905. Just go to settings, about phone, and check system version.

It should be noted that you will loose root. It is not known if current methods will root this build or if it is backwards compatible with .905.

Grab the update.zip here Flash in Stock Recovery

UPDATE: DroidForums member "Tonik" has confirmed that the RazrsEdge root method will root .246, and also that you wont be able to FXZ back to .905

Last edited:

Tonik

Reaction score
It is not known if current methods will root this build or if it is backwards compatible with .905.

Yes current methods will re-root, for example Razrs Edge works fine. No it is not compatible with 905...this is a one way trip once on this version of ICS you are not going back. And several of our members have had the zip posted for several days in the Bionic forum. We had it here with in moments of the first people getting it.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes current methods will re-root, for example Razrs Edge works fine. No it is not compatible with 905...this is a one way trip once on this version of ICS you are not going back. And several of our members have had the zip posted for several days in the Bionic forum. We had it here with in moments of the first people getting it.

I saw it yesterday but couldn't find it today. Could you please reply with the link and I will edit the OP. Thanks

gchave

Reaction score
Will this zip have the chance to mess anything up on my phone?

Tonik

Reaction score
gchave said:
Will this zip have the chance to mess anything up on my phone?

No more than the ota will. But if you are not comfortable doing it then you shouldn't.

gchave

Reaction score
Where can I get the steps on what to do after I download the zip

andlamv

Reaction score
Download link is broken

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

jimi_stephen

Reaction score
ok, the download I see is Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.verizon.en.US.zip and when I try to up flash in recovery I it starts then says...

_ Install /sdcard...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verificatin failed
Installation aborted.

Tonik

Reaction score
jimi_stephen said:
ok, the download I see is Blur_Version.5.9.905.XT875.verizon.en.US.zip and when I try to up flash in recovery I it starts then says...

_ Install /sdcard...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verificatin failed
Installation aborted.

Bad download. I have better luck downloading to a computer then copying it over.

Tonik

Reaction score
jimi_stephen said:
that's what I did. I'll try to download it again.

And try straight to your phone. Some peeps seem to have to try it a few times.

DDB+

Reaction score
Received the Verizon OTA overnight. Overall seems zippier, but already running into some bugs. The main one is that Gallery doesn't seem to be working--no pictures are loading. Second one is that it is causing Alarm Clock Plus to crash. Probably more, but I've only had a few minutes this morning to look it over.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Received the Verizon OTA overnight. Overall seems zippier, but already running into some bugs. The main one is that Gallery doesn't seem to be working--no pictures are loading. Second one is that it is causing Alarm Clock Plus to crash. Probably more, but I've only had a few minutes this morning to look it over.

Try clearing the cache & data for the application that is not working properly.
I had some issues like the camera app not opening up & it cleared it up so it works properly now.