Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Dumb question...Will the fact that I manually updated to 2.0.1 have any effect on me getting 2.1 this week? I'm not rooted, and I seem to remember claims that this was the official update, just leaked early, but is there a chance I could have a problem? I'm guessing no, but just wanna be ready for the new update, even if it doesn't have everything we wanted from the nexus version...

Is it a good idea/safe to uninstall this, and can I do so using astro, or will I need to do he whole physical keyboard thing again...?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Dumb question...Will the fact that I manually updated to 2.0.1 have any effect on me getting 2.1 this week? I'm not rooted, and I seem to remember claims that this was the official update, just leaked early, but is there a chance I could have a problem? I'm guessing no, but just wanna be ready for the new update, even if it doesn't have everything we wanted from the nexus version...

Is it a good idea/safe to uninstall this, and can I do so using astro, or will I need to do he whole physical keyboard thing again...?

No, you will be fine. Hopefully one of the hackers will be the first to get 2.1 and then will have a way for us to manually install once again rather than waiting for the OTA update.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

No, you will be fine. Hopefully one of the hackers will be the first to get 2.1 and then will have a way for us to manually install once again rather than waiting for the OTA update.

I'm betting on this being the case. We shall see.

Isn't the plan to get everybody updated by Friday? Or were they going to start on Friday?

windstrings

Reaction score

Since you updated using "update.zip" and that os the OS your fine.
Only those that have rooted with a Hacked Rom will have issues as the OTA is blocked by default on those because the OTA file gets overwritten.

I"m still learning.. but thats what I gather..... until you root and then install a rooted ROM your ok.

Other apps you installed shouldn't matter I don't think.. even if they are 2.1 apps ported for 2.0.1.

windstrings

Reaction score
Too happy with Petes Bugless Beast to even want the update.

Well Hopefully our good buddy Pete will shake out the 2.1 because thats on my agenda once I get the OTA 2.1 first!...

I can't see doing it just yet.. might as well wait for it.

But if and when the next update comes out, I expect I'll too be too happy to go back to stock but will just wait till the next bugless is released.

windstrings

Reaction score

Since you updated using "update.zip" and that is actually the OS your fine.
Only those that have rooted with a Hacked Rom will have issues as the OTA is blocked by default on those because the OTA file gets overwritten.

I"m still learning.. but thats what I gather..... until you root and then install a rooted ROM your ok.

Other apps you installed shouldn't matter I don't think.. even if they are 2.1 apps ported for 2.0.1.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
I'm not all that impressed with 2.1 so I'll wait. The only big draw for me will be flash. I'm tired of half the internet not working.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Can you take the file in the first post of this tread, rename it update.zip and run the install process the way we did to install the BB ROM and get back to stock without losing any data/apps etc?

Magdroid

Reaction score
The 2.0.1 auto update is already out.

BTW...where did the edit button go so I don't have to make 2 posts?