Manually Update to 2.0.1

10ACTony

Reaction score
Then return the phone and go away. We got an update in 30 days - I guess Google, Motorola and Verizon just can't handle it with the GooglePhone coming out. (that was sarcasm).

I work in IT so I understand first adopters deal with tons of bugs. But with Google already coming out with another phone they may decide to abandon us Droid users. And there is no way Motorola or Verizon will be able to effectively support this phone.

AMEN!

Begone.

Take it back and get your money back. Lucky for you Verizin gives you that 30 days,

jeanmarie

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to do this. I also cannot figure out how to delete my yahoo mail and reinstall. Are there any other computer illiterate instructions?

Daywalker

Reaction score
I cannot figure out how to do this. I also cannot figure out how to delete my yahoo mail and reinstall. Are there any other computer illiterate instructions?

The first post here will explain it.
You will have to have it hooked to PC

cccp1989

Reaction score
I need help I downloaded the update to my computer. renamed it as update and put it on my sd card. The I did the whole process and it says

Verifying uppdate package...
Installing update...
assart failed: apply_patch_check (''MTD:boot. after that bunch of numbers.

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can some one please help?

cccp1989

Reaction score
I need help I downloaded the update to my computer. renamed it as update and put it on my sd card. Then I did the whole process and it says

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...

(status 7)
Installation aborted.

windstrings

Reaction score
I need help I downloaded the update to my computer. renamed it as update and put it on my sd card. Then I did the whole process and it says

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...

(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I assume you have a Droid and its the "droid" update your attempting and not one for the Eris?..
The error your getting is over my head.. I can only guess.... It appears somethings its looking for is not there or does not validate as what its expecting.

If you want to try with an update.zip that I "know" worked for me and others I can send you the same file.
I can email the droid update to you if you need.... just PM me.

It sounds like you either have the wrong file or its corrupted somehow.

windstrings

Reaction score
BTW.. when you rightclick on the file in your computer and go to properties, the update file should be exactly 10400kb in size (10,648,643 = size -- 10,649,600 = size on disk as reported in windows.

cccp1989

Reaction score
BTW.. when you rightclick on the file in your computer and go to properties, the update file should be exactly 10400kb in size (10,648,643 = size -- 10,649,600 = size on disk as reported in windows.

Yes the file is 10,400kb. The file looks like a folder with zipper on it. I can also press on the file and it has like 5 different folders in it.

windstrings

Reaction score
Yes the file is 10,400kb. The file looks like a folder with zipper on it. I can also press on the file and it has like 5 different folders in it.

When I view mine it has 4 directories and 3 files that I can see... "I don't know if there are hidden ones I can't see" but my computer is set to view regular hidden files.

Directory - META-INF
Directory - patch
Directory - recovery
Directory - system
File - bp.img
File - mbm.bin
File - rdl.bin

cccp1989

Reaction score

When I view mine it has 4 directories and 3 files that I can see... "I don't know if there are hidden ones I can't see" but my computer is set to view regular hidden files.

Directory - META-INF
Directory - patch
Directory - recovery
Directory - system
File - bp.img
File - mbm.bin
File - rdl.bin

When I downloaded it gives me a yellow folder with a zipper on the left side. When I open the folder it has the same files

Directory - META-INF
Directory - patch
Directory - recovery
Directory - system
File - bp.img
File - mbm.bin
File - rdl.bin

When I put the folder to my sd card it says compressed (zipped) Folder. Below it is the update.zip folder.

And on the bottom it says File folder and below it is all my other folders.

windstrings

Reaction score
When I put the folder to my sd card it says compressed (zipped) Folder. Below it is the update.zip folder.

And on the bottom it says File folder and below it is all my other folders.

It looks like you have the right folder or you wouldn't be getting as far are your getting... it goes past the verification and fails when it starts the install.

Whether your phone is giving your troubles or whether the file is corrupted is hard to say.. since its getting verified ok, maybe the file is fine.

Have you simply tried to shut down the phone, pull the battery.. put the battery back in and reboot?... Then shut back down again and restart the update again?

The reason I would allow the phone to come back up before you start another update attempt is to lessen the likelihood of problems... always good to ensure a clean bootup so if you fail again and it defaults back to the old..at least you know the old is intact and working properly.

Theres a small chance that without at least one clean bootup of the old system, the act of attempting a firmware update could throw a moneywrench into it.

Daywalker

Reaction score
I need help I downloaded the update to my computer. renamed it as update and put it on my sd card. The I did the whole process and it says

Verifying uppdate package...
Installing update...

(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Did your phone maybe already hay 2.01? The over the air update was the 11th