[BETA] Succulent-Desire-v-5.0-RC2

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
can i run P3's kernels with this ROM?

ANYONE???

heres your answer.. lol

P3s working fine for me. If you have kernel problems try 800 or 1000 some phones don't like it faster then that. 1.1 or higher boot loops mine

i personally havn't tried it but if everyone can confirm they work, i will list them as options as well..
lol. hey thanx woody....so far beautiful ROM....

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
For those having bootloops when mounting to your computer, make sure you do not have a custom sound coming from your SD card. That issue has been documented as causing boot loops when mounting.

Dowloaded this Rom to see if will solve my MMS probldms I was having on BB 1.0 and Cyanogenmod. However where is this custom MMS program that I thought was included? Am I overlooking itt? All isee is handcent and stock messaging apps. Thanks. Rom/ seems to run good.

Open the stock messaging app and go to the main screen[where u see a list of all your threads] press menu then click settings, scroll down for the extended settings.. :)

V

verian

I have had success with P3s, chevys and the bekit. The option for everyone to use anyones kernels will cause trouble. They all will work, but don't need to be added as "optional kernels" I think those who want them know where to get them. I wasn't trying to be rude if thats how that came off. I just see betkit kernels listed with the rom download and assume that was a smart choice for the particular rom for reasons only the ones in charge need to know. As far as I've seen there has only been one person with problems. I think the said "my phone doesn't like bekit kernels" which was a problem that could have been solved. This wasn't intended to be a rant but it seems to have become one. I think the team will help support any and all users no matter what kernels they select, Problem solving will be super easy if the majority of users go with whats golden.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have had success with P3s, chevys and the bekit. The option for everyone to use anyones kernels will cause trouble. They all will work, but don't need to be added as "optional kernels" I think those who want them know where to get them. I wasn't trying to be rude if thats how that came off. I just see betkit kernels listed with the rom download and assume that was a smart choice for the particular rom for reasons only the ones in charge need to know. As far as I've seen there has only been one person with problems. I think the said "my phone doesn't like bekit kernels" which was a problem that could have been solved. This wasn't intended to be a rant but it seems to have become one. I think the team will help support any and all users no matter what kernels they select, Problem solving will be super easy if the majority of users go with whats golden.

for me personally i was getting better benchmark tests with the bekit 1200 then i got with the P3 1250 and with chevy's 1250. Not a whole lot but it was enough to justify sticking with a bekit kernel.

now only if there was a bekit 1250 because the 1300 sent me into boot loops.

i do all my benchmarks without JIT enabled. i don't normally run it as the performance increase is minimal at best. For some reason linpack showed about a 25-30% increase in benchmark results but it was not noticeable from the user standpoint. Besides there haven't been any reports of the longterm effects of using it and i don't want to be be the one that finds out it shortens the life dramatically.

ohfire

Reaction score
OK, wifi was known when i posted, sorry i forgot to tell you guys.. just alot going on and trying to keep up with everything.. lol, but here is a fix if you need tether..

open android market
search for
Root
it will list a lot of apps,
scroll until you see
Barnacle Tether
download that and it will work flawless.. :)

its a great app,

*Ohfire just replied to your PM, :)

Got the message and checked things out. Everything is working fine now, must have been a bug that needed to escape. Thanks!

mjh68

Reaction score

for me personally i was getting better benchmark tests with the bekit 1200 then i got with the P3 1250 and with chevy's 1250. Not a whole lot but it was enough to justify sticking with a bekit kernel.

i do all my benchmarks without JIT enabled. i don't normally run it as the performance increase is minimal at best. For some reason linpack showed about a 25-30% increase in benchmark results but it was not noticeable from the user standpoint. Besides there haven't been any reports of the longterm effects of using it and i don't want to be be the one that finds out it shortens the life dramatically.

Bekit's 1300 sent me into boot loops as well, but I have ran P3's 1250 without issue , chevy's and Jake's kernels without issue .. wonder if there is something different with the 1300 .

bluephx

Reaction score
I need the corporate mail client and calendar, how can I add those back?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

Bekit's 1300 sent me into boot loops as well, but I have ran P3's 1250 without issue , chevy's and Jake's kernels without issue .. wonder if there is something different with the 1300 .
50mhz. it accually makes a big diference.

bluephx

Reaction score
I need help on how I can change the launcher for my home screen. When I first installed this rom it gave me three choices for the home scene n I want to change it to a different one but I can not find where or how change it any hep would b appericated.
Also when I dock the phone the screen sometimes acts up I I ty to type while it is docked. But other than that this rom is awesome pairs with chevy1 kernels.

Incase you haven't figured this out yet, you can change this by going to "Settings > Application Settings > Manage Applications" (This is what android tells you when you select the check box to always use the selected application). I am now using LauncherPro too (Thanks versusxiii and garrett), I prefer it to the others included.

Woodyman, are you planning on including the transparent news and weather widget or if not can you make it avalable as a download.

...and possibly mod the notifications bar to transparent/clear???

(doesn't hurt to ask)

Here's a link to the transparent notif. bar, just choose that one out of the pack.
DroidStuff Blog Archive Transparent Bundle

I downloaded the file in the link provided, however when I to open it with Metamorph, I get an error stating it is invalid because the theme control file is missing or not correctly written. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

GryphonD

Reaction score
Smooth but...

Market keeps either Force Closing and or Downloads continuously fail (via stopping after a second or two of beginning actual download).

Stock kernel seems to run very hot.

ohfire

Reaction score
I need the corporate mail client and calendar, how can I add those back?

Here is the link for the corporate calendar that Woody posted for me.

http://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_.../file/1uQA4xW5/Corporate_Calendar_update.htmlhttp://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_.../file/1uQA4xW5/Corporate_Calendar_update.htmlhttp://www.***********/file/1uQA4xW5...ar_update.htmlhttp://outboundlink.net/anxo/dr_ta_.../file/1uQA4xW5/Corporate_Calendar_update.html

V

verian

cant get kernel to go...? help

What recovery are you using? Did you remember to select "allow update.zip install" prior to selecting intall update.zip. The more info you share the faster your issue will be resolved.

V

verian

I need help on how I can change the launcher for my home screen. When I first installed this rom it gave me three choices for the home scene n I want to change it to a different one but I can not find where or how change it any hep would b appericated.
Also when I dock the phone the screen sometimes acts up I I ty to type while it is docked. But other than that this rom is awesome pairs with chevy1 kernels.

Incase you haven't figured this out yet, you can change this by going to "Settings > Application Settings > Manage Applications" (This is what android tells you when you select the check box to always use the selected application). I am now using LauncherPro too (Thanks versusxiii and garrett), I prefer it to the others included.

...and possibly mod the notifications bar to transparent/clear???

(doesn't hurt to ask)

Here's a link to the transparent notif. bar, just choose that one out of the pack.
DroidStuff Blog Archive Transparent Bundle

I downloaded the file in the link provided, however when I to open it with Metamorph, I get an error stating it is invalid because the theme control file is missing or not correctly written. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I believe that you need to change that file to xml format. MM changed some things not to far back and older files will not work anymore. They are suppost to be fairly easy to change to xml but I'm yet to have tried myself.

Rsswga

Reaction score
cant get kernel to go...? help

What recovery are you using? Did you remember to select "allow update.zip install" prior to selecting intall update.zip. The more info you share the faster your issue will be resolved.

im using 99.3b recovery and yes i allowed update in recovery,,started doing the process but quickly it aborted it..
love the rom just wanted a 1.2 kernel
thanks for your help