[Release] Succulent Desire v 6.5

IndyCross

Reaction score
Anyone get a solid fix on the location problem? My maps (unless I'm using GPS) nor my weather & news apps can find my location.

jmims

Reaction score
I tried pushing a Browser.apk pulled from another ROM, but that did not fix the location issue. All other GPS functions work, for me, though.

IndyCross

Reaction score
Here Here!

I tried pushing a Browser.apk pulled from another ROM, but that did not fix the location issue. All other GPS functions work, for me, though.

That's the same issue I'm having. If I turn my GPS on, everything works great, but without it on, nothing can find my location. Something's missing. I just got a PM from Woodyman and he told me to download a market fix, but 1) my market is just fine and 2) I don't see anyone else talking about that on any other forms. I guess I just don't see how a market fix would affect the location.apk

Anyone know where I can get that fix, or just the com.google.android.location apk?

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

That's the same issue I'm having. If I turn my GPS on, everything works great, but without it on, nothing can find my location. Something's missing. I just got a PM from Woodyman and he told me to download a market fix, but 1) my market is just fine and 2) I don't see anyone else talking about that on any other forms. I guess I just don't see how a market fix would affect the location.apk

Anyone know where I can get that fix, or just the com.google.android.location apk?

I did not PM you.. so if u got one please tell me so I can check into the matter..
Thank you..

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

As far as a fix, I'm not 100% sure, because some of you are experiencing this problem, and some aren't, and to clarify the market fix could potentially fix more than the market, because the market fix changes the build.prop back to a default one, I posted a better explaination a few pages back.. lol, sorry but its late and I'm tired and I have a lot going on..

IndyCross

Reaction score

I did not PM you.. so if u got one please tell me so I can check into the matter..
Thank you..

My bad! It was from BBCrackman. I get all you "man"'s mixed up... It was over at a different site.

IndyCross

Reaction score
Not only is google maps not able to find my location when not using GPS, my compass also isn't working. Can we please get a fix for this? I LOVE this ROM, but I absolutely need my compass and networklocation to work. If there isn't a known fix, can I get some direction on what might be happening?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
This is a dumb question (my specialty, BTW), but can someone tell me where on your system this test is located? I'd be interested in running it on my Droid, if I knew the name of the thing, and where to find it.

Thanks!

-Mike

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
This is a dumb question (my specialty, BTW), but can someone tell me where on your system this test is located? I'd be interested in running it on my Droid, if I knew the name of the thing, and where to find it.

Thanks!

-Mike

That test is called Quardrant and it's free in the market

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

Thanks!

-Mike

That test is called Quardrant and it's free in the market

Thanks! I'm going to download it now. :)

-Mike

NattyBee

Reaction score
Not only is google maps not able to find my location when not using GPS, my compass also isn't working. Can we please get a fix for this? I LOVE this ROM, but I absolutely need my compass and networklocation to work. If there isn't a known fix, can I get some direction on what might be happening?

I have an idea to try and fix this...but I'm gonna test this theory on my own Droid before I post it...that way if it doesn't work out, I didn't mess up anyone else's stuff with my crazy ideas...;) I'll let you know if it works, and if it does, I'll let you know what I did...

NattyBee

Reaction score
Google.com/weather GPS location fix...

OK, I've got something for ya. Check this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/56941-gps-weather-widgets-location-fix.html

That patch was designed for Simply Stunning V4.3 (by ChevyNo1) which also had this issue. Shortly after the issue came up, Chevy posted this link to the fix...

I have installed SD6.5 to my phone, had the same location problems, and installed the file found at that link...and now it's working fine dancedroid

Hope this helps!
ps--he's also got one for Market/hotspot-icon/predictive-text but I'm thinking Woodyman's got those things worked out already for 6.5, but if you need them I can provide the link...

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com

OK, I've got something for ya. Check this link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/56941-gps-weather-widgets-location-fix.html

That patch was designed for Simply Stunning V4.3 (by ChevyNo1) which also had this issue. Shortly after the issue came up, Chevy posted this link to the fix...

I have installed SD6.5 to my phone, had the same location problems, and installed the file found at that link...and now it's working fine dancedroid

Hope this helps!
ps--he's also got one for Market/hotspot-icon/predictive-text but I'm thinking Woodyman's got those things worked out already for 6.5, but if you need them I can provide the link...

thanks for posting this.. 6.5 was a little weird for some of you it seems, idk y, but im sorry, i would have fixed it myself, but im busy with alot of different things now, and v 7.0 is one of those things.. but i can promise you that 7.0 will blow everything else out of the water.. ;P

stay tuned, and im sincerely sorry about the issues that some of you are having..

thank you all for your support.

NattyBee

Reaction score

Hope this helps!

thanks for posting this.. 6.5 was a little weird for some of you it seems, idk y, but im sorry, i would have fixed it myself, but im busy with alot of different things now, and v 7.0 is one of those things.. but i can promise you that 7.0 will blow everything else out of the water.. ;P

stay tuned, and im sincerely sorry about the issues that some of you are having..

thank you all for your support.

Woodyman,
I definitely like SucculentDesire 6.5 but I noticed a few issues:
*When using Speakerphone/voice-text, etc --is seems the mic is not enabled, people cannot hear me on phonecalls, and voice-text cannot hear me either.

*Market did not show some paid apps (noticed due to lack of EasyTetherPro) and in fact would not find them when I searched...

but here's the thing, I also noticed that your rom is wonderful in the realm of battery temp/life. your rom seemed to stay a good 10 degrees cooler than all the other Froyo roms, idling in the high 70's and moderate usage in high 80's to mid 90's...battery seemed to last longer than with any other Froyo rom (not that I've had a major problem with battery life-except BB which had HORRIBLE battery life). I also noticed that your rom runs super fast/smooth, even when I run a large amount of apps, leaving system memory at 28M this rom is still fairly fast/smooth. And on top of all that, the rom seems to be very stable/reliable...

anyhow, I look forward to seeing your next release, and please let me know if you need a beta tester, I'd love to test for you!