Battery after the OTA UPDATE

J24

Reaction score
I use circle battery. Its not a root app.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
I just tried *226 and it said can not be completed as dialed how do I update my prl.

J24

Reaction score
I just tried *226 and it said can not be completed as dialed how do I update my prl.

Ditto. Also did the *22899 and it said it was activating it, not sure if that was what I needed.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
Well that pretty much answers a question about whether the update included the latest PRL. Mine is 52522 which came out just before the update.

Those of you who say your battery might be a little worse, have you updated your PRL? I know that helped me.

Thank you just updated prl and voice seems better.

spillner

Reaction score
My phone easily last a whole day and more. This is the best update I've ever seen for a phone when it come to improving battery life.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
Ditto. Also did the *22899 and it said it was activating it, not sure if that was what I needed.

Just *228 then when it ses push 1 to activate phone don't worry just wait for it to say push 2 to update roming thingy then it dose the rest.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
How often do prl updates come out?

fred114

Reaction score
Battery life if definitely better, but I still think there is much room for improvement. I have the extended battery and it lasts all day, but is in the red when I plug it in most nights. I consider myself a moderate user.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
How often do prl updates come out?

How much bigger dose the extended battery make your phone like and I'm probly gana get crap for this but most extended batteries look goofie as crap and hate a phone that looks like its wearing a backpack.

TyrantII

Reaction score
How much bigger dose the extended battery make your phone like and I'm probly gana get crap for this but most extended batteries look goofie as crap and hate a phone that looks like its wearing a backpack.

About 1.5mm. It's not much at all, and honestly, only a stickler would complain about it. It still fits in the stock car dock no problem, but some very tight cases might have issues.

The only way i can tell is there's about a .5-1mm lip going above the camera bay. Normally it's flush.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
About 1.5mm. It's not much at all, and honestly, only a stickler would complain about it. It still fits in the stock car dock no problem, but some very tight cases might have issues.

The only way i can tell is there's about a .5-1mm lip going above the camera bay. Normally it's flush.
Ok sweet I know what I need to buy now. Thank you

Cubanito

Reaction score
Ok sweet I know what I need to buy now. Thank you

I have seen pics of the extended battery and cover and to me it looks like you can't tell the difference. I used to have HTC and those extended batteries totally changed the look of the phone.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

hoosiermama

Reaction score

If you order from Verizon, they send you a replacement back cover for the phone. Honestly, I can't tell any difference in the thickness at all. It seemed at the time that I put it in, the phone was slightly heavier, but I don't even notice that now.

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Right now, my D3 has been off charge for almost 9 hours, and is at 80%...waaay better than it was pre-update. Before, it would be around 50-40% at this point. Awesome update!