Battery after the OTA UPDATE

TyrantII

Reaction score
If you order from Verizon, they send you a replacement back cover for the phone. Honestly, I can't tell any difference in the thickness at all. It seemed at the time that I put it in, the phone was slightly heavier, but I don't even notice that now.

As long as it's the Moto manufactured extended battery, it'll come with it.

I bought mine through amazon here. $31.56 after shipping and not a Chinese knockoff.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
How often do prl updates come out?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

There is no set frequency, and they don't tend to announce it. If you're a habitual type a monthly check, or even bi-monthly would probably be sufficient.

billay12

Reaction score
I noticed a HUGE increase in battery as well. When I'm in a low signal area it still sucks, but when I have full service, even under heavy use I can easily get 17 hours on my battery before it hits 30%.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
I noticed a HUGE increase in battery as well. When I'm in a low signal area it still sucks, but when I have full service, even under heavy use I can easily get 17 hours on my battery before it hits 30%.

I still use a custom battery saver setting set to the hours that I am normally in a low signal area. It helps quite a bit.

mrglass2626

Reaction score
Increase in battery life...

Got the OTA installed and have also seen an increase in battery life.

I am a pilot and am constantly turning the phone off and on 5-10 times a day and used to get no more than a day's worth out of it. Now I could safely say that I get double that.

Even after watching tv shows or playing games with wifi on I lose maybe 10% whereas before It would drop 20-40% in no time. So far today I haven't seen it below 80%.....that's more like it.

jrjuday

Reaction score
Mine's at 80% after 16 hours off the charger, but it was doing good before the update, too.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
Got the OTA installed and have also seen an increase in battery life.

I am a pilot and am constantly turning the phone off and on 5-10 times a day and used to get no more than a day's worth out of it. Now I could safely say that I get double that.

Even after watching tv shows or playing games with wifi on I lose maybe 10% whereas before It would drop 20-40% in no time. So far today I haven't seen it below 80%.....that's more like it.

Why don't u just out the phone in sleep mode? Just wondering.

jaxjaggywires

Reaction score
Now at 13.5 hours, and 70% still on the battery. This is with slightly under my standard usage. It would have been dead (or close to it) by now before the update.

RobbieMan

Reaction score
So I wanted to see how long my bat lasted after update. The stats say 1d16hr and im at 13%. This is with light texting, calling, wifi web browsing and taking some pictures.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Why don't u just out the phone in sleep mode? Just wondering.

Sleep is broken after the update. The only way to get your phone back is to pull the battery and then take it out of Airplane mode. Anyway, I'm sure the rules for pilots are much more restrictive re:cellphones and electronic devices.

TyrantII

Reaction score
Just got another 30 hours and was only down to 20% on my extended moto battery.

I really, really love the battery life of this smartphone! No where near what i was getting on my overclocked OG, and probably 120% more the computing power!