Battery after the OTA UPDATE

norcal1900

Reaction score
Hay guys be easy this is my first post, but is anyone's battery lasting a hell of a lot longer after that update its like my phone lasts 10x longer even under heavy use.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

KillVolume

Reaction score
Yup. It's the reduced cell radio/phone idle battery usage. Before, they used more than the screen. Now the screen uses the most (as it should). I can have my screen on for 6 hours total before it goes below 50%.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
10x longer? Really? I guess it's possible. Are you in a low cell phone signal area? How long was it lasting before the update? 4 hours or so?

I think my battery is lasting longer than ever, but nowhere near 10x better.

Riley

Reaction score
Yup huge difference. After 10+ hours unplugged I'm only down to 60%....I would have been down to 10% before the update.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Different people seemed to have different problems with their batteries. I can imagine if the update solved the cell standby and some other battery problems that there would be a very few that would experience large decreases in battery use. Still 10 times seems large.

I wonder if the OP updated roaming also. What is your PRL version is Settings, About Phone, PRL version (at the bottom of the settings screen).

MECHANO

Reaction score
Mine has been off of the charger for twelve hours with moderate to heavy browsing. My battery is at 50%. I have an extended battery. I am very pleased.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
I am about a quarter mile away from a tower I am on a small MARINE CORPS base and we are the only sign of humanity about an one hour in any direction. I got the update at 8am yesterday and it is about 6:03 pm the next day and I am at 50%.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
Lol maby not 10x but alot better

nu2droid

Reaction score
Oddly, mine has not gotten better. I dare to say maybe a little worse.
huh. Go figure

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
And that is one of the reasons I love verizon they put a tower here just for the base about a year ago no one got service at all. Then sprint and verizon put towers here for us. Wait were is at&t. They get service about 45min from here.

mtva24

Reaction score
Mine has been off for 11 hours and i'm down to 20%, usually I can only get a good 8 hours total on this phone...

NoBloatware

Reaction score
After an OS update it is possible that the battery stats are wonky. I just ran my phone til it shut off and then charged it all the way nonstop. I do this every 1-2 months, but not more often. This and dialing *22899 every 1-2 months are the only "maintenance" that I do on my phone.

Battery life seems noticeably better but definitely short of miraculous. I am pretty sure I can make it through every day without charging. I have the extended battery and was quite happy but this update is putting me over the top.

KillVolume

Reaction score
I like how no one thought that the OP might have been using hyperbole.

OP
norcal1900

norcal1900

Reaction score
Lol I have no idea what that is.