Amazon Appstore cpu usage 50-95% at random times

jajones82

Reaction score
Over the last month or so, I have noticed that my Droid3 is acting sluggish (even after the recent 220mb OTA update), and so I check the task manager. It will show that Amazon Appstore is running at CPU: 50-95%, or Facebook, Slide-It running at 30-50%, but I would have not used those apps in a few days.

Even when I would run them in the past, the CPU usage was under 10% use for each of those apps and it never slowed down my phone. I even recently put Amazon Appstore on the auto-end list (first app to ever ad to that list) and disabled aZon Appstore notifications, but it still opens and drains my battery. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you uninstalled those apps since the update? You may want to, and reinstall. May not have cooperated with the OTA properly.

OP
J

jajones82

Reaction score
Hey Guidot, thx for the reply. I uninstalled the Amazon Appstore, reinstalled later today, and it still shoots up to 90% cpu. The facebook app actually shot up to 172%. yes, 172%. not sure of the logic behind that. I installed AVG virus scan, and it didnt find anything. I cannot leave the aZon appstore uninstalled because I have many apps that rely on it. I am at a loss as to what to do. Amazon support has not responded to me yet as to why this may be happening.