Basic question about GN: Can you facetime with Iphones?

hwiya320

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I love to know if I can use the front face camera to video chat with Iphones. Is that doable? This would be my first phone with front face camera and I was hoping to chat with Iphone owners.

Thanks!

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I love to know if I can use the front face camera to video chat with Iphones. Is that doable? This would be my first phone with front face camera and I was hoping to chat with Iphone owners.

Thanks!

I believe facetime is a apple thing there are a few cross os apps that will work vlingo i think is one

Sent from a fascinating ice cream shop

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You should also be able to use Tango and Skype.

ænyoc

Reaction score
I don't know if Google talk works on the iPhone, but if it does you can always use the video chat feature in that.

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

catfisher

Reaction score
+1 to Tango. My wife has an iPhone and we chat with it. Works great on both ends.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bamorris2

Reaction score
+1 to Tango. My wife has an iPhone and we chat with it. Works great on both ends.

So when you call her with Tango from your phone, does she use Face Time on her iPhone? Or does she have to install Tango on her iPhone?

Distracted

Reaction score
My sis has an iphone and I have a razr.. we both had to download tango. Didn't seem to work without both having tango.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

honors21

Reaction score
Have to use tango on both phones oovoo is a good one also.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Facetime is a feature built in to iOS. So naturally it wont work with Android. The only way to video chat between the two is using a third party video chat app. Several great ones have been named here and to add the one i use is Fring. Fring supports Video chat between Fring users on iPhone, BB, Android and Nokia. It also can replace Yahoo, Msn, ICQ, Google talk and AIM. So it's basically several apps in one.

Another feature i really like is that it is an SIP client as well (VOIP calls). Highly recommend it. :)

GoBears

Reaction score
+1 for Tango. I use it with a couple of iDon't users and it works great. Also it works over 3G and doesn't need wifi to work.

DHO

Reaction score
Vtok (iphone --> Google talk) works beautifully. So easy my Mom can figure it out.

catfisher

Reaction score
My wife downloaded Tango on her iCan't. That is how we video chat.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
skype > everything else. can talk with phones, pcs, tvs and bluray players.

i skype from my nexus in america with an iphone in australia daily without problems.