Qik Video Chat?

cvhovey

Reaction score
Currently I have a Droid Razr but considering returning it for a Nexus during the extended return period. But one issue is important to me ... and I'm located far away from a Verizon store to test it hands-on.

Yes ... I've searched here and elsewhere, but did not find anything ... not even on the Qik website. What I do know is that the Qik app works on some Samsung devices and not on others.

On my wife's phone the ONLY video chat app that works is a T-Mobile 'modified' version of Qik. No other video chat app recognizes the front facing camera. That is why my question here is specific ONLY to Qik. When my wife is out of town, Qik is the only way we can video chat. Not Skype. Not Fring. Nothing else works with her phone's front-facing camera.

QUESTION: Have any of you been able to get the Qik video chat app to work on your (Verizon) Galaxy Nexus?

Hopefully someone here has gotten Qik to work, but if not, then at least I know what my options are and it saves a long drive to Verizon and back. Thanks!

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I tried to download it. This may answer your question
Screenshot_2011-12-21-18-30-47.png

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

OP
cvhovey

cvhovey

Reaction score
I tried to download it. This may answer your question...

After some more checking, just found out that "ooVoo Video Call" says that their app supports the Sidekick 4G (as well as the Samsung Nexus S). What do you see on your end if trying to download this app from the Market?

OP
cvhovey

cvhovey

Reaction score
Looks like this one will work. But I didnt download it & try it out...

Thank you ... on a lark, I submitted a support request to ooVoo, not actually expecting a response. But surprisingly, they answered within just about 2 hours, saying that if the current version didn't yet work, to check back later this month as they are going to be releasing some additional updates to address Samsung-specific issues. So this one has promising potential. Again, thanks!