Qik

Droidarola

Reaction score
Well if you dont know about the video chat people are talking about you can do with the evo. *may seem noobish* but I never knew you could do it on the moto droid as well, and it seems you can do it on any droid over 3g network without wifi.

My cousin from puerto rico told me about it and within a couple minutes I was chatting with my family in puerto rico all the way from new york here.

I went to market, searched> Qik. After that I downloaded "Qik for Evo 4g" and installed it, registered, and logged in. Went to video chat selected my contact to call, it established a network and saw everyone with not much lag and perfect sound. Only con is that all droids (but the evo) have no front facing camera so its kind of sucks to keep turning around your phone for them to see you, probably use a mirror would be easy :)

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
yeah qik has been around for a while, never used it for video chat due to the front facing camera issue, but i use it for what its insteaded for which is streaming video of things that happen around me, like when we were out at a bar and everyone was riding the mechanical bull lol. friends that couldnt come to the party were at least able to watch in real time :)

OP
Droidarola

Droidarola

Reaction score
yeah qik has been around for a while, never used it for video chat due to the front facing camera issue, but i use it for what its insteaded for which is streaming video of things that happen around me, like when we were out at a bar and everyone was riding the mechanical bull lol. friends that couldnt come to the party were at least able to watch in real time :)

I knew about qik but i thought it was for only camera phones like evo and iphone 4 that have the front facing camera, i downloaded qik just regular and theres no option for live chat then i downloaded for evo 4g on my moto droid and it gave the option for live chat. Also I thought u needed 4g or wifi connection to do live video chat but seems that is wrong cuz i did it over verizon's 3g network and it was very good connection