The speaker / volume on the GN is a deal breaker...

thehogsters

Reaction score
This problem is easily solved.

Android Audio Hacks

that's the devlopers site. Download the .apk. Copy onto your phone. Make sure you have "unknown sources" checked so you can install it. I used root explorer but use whatever you use to install programs. Goto file, install, click on speaker selection, check off "+3" on volume level for speaker.

Done.

And even if this wasn't fixable, it'd be so far from a deal breaker it's laughable.

Ok got it to work. What setting are you guys using with the sound level and eq settings?

Last edited:

nbucko

Reaction score
This is my first smart phone so I need some help. I downloaded the file but the phone tells me that I can not open the file. What to do?

Go into settings and go to security. The there is an option to allow unknown sources. Check that box and try to install it again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

thehogsters

Reaction score
Go into settings and go to security. The there is an option to allow unknown sources. Check that box and try to install it again.

OK did that. When I go to my downloads and check the file nothing happens. What should I do now?
Thanks for the help guys, as you can tell I'm a real nubiee to this.

jeff0r3

Reaction score
WOW... initially this was a deal breaker.. Volume+ fixed all my woes.. works great for me now.. Call quality/Signal is only problems I have now...

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK did that. When I go to my downloads and check the file nothing happens. What should I do now?
Thanks for the help guys, as you can tell I'm a real nubiee to this.

Download the file again. It should be named: VolumePlus1.8.0.5.apk

When you click on it, it should prompt you to install, assuming you've checked the box for unknown sources, under Security options. If this doesn't work, I don't know what your issue is?

nbucko

Reaction score
If downloading it again doesn't work make sure you don't have an install of the same program going in the background (that is hung up) or just reboot and try again.

hellabooya

Reaction score
Best app ever for the nexus. The sound on this beast was laughably low for some odd reason and this fixes it.

Oh and I used +11 and good quality on the eq.

seminole1994

Reaction score
People who are complaining about the speaker volume must be coming from the OG droid .. I remember when I went from my OG droid to a Droid X I was like what the hell kind of crappy speaker did they put in this thing .. My nexus has a much better speaker than my Droid X did.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly, this is the first cell phone I've had with a good speaker phone. Had to turn volume all the way up, which causes a bit of distortion, but on the second to highest setting it's a hair on the quiet side if someone else is trying to listen. But on a speaker-to-speaker call, the 2-3 people talking on both sides could hear and speak clearly both ways. That's pretty impressive vs. every other cell speakerphone I've dealt with.

proangler

Reaction score
Ive installef the free volume plus app and it does nithibg. I have phone on hip and never can hera ring or notifications!! Someone please help or ill have to return phone.

proangler

Reaction score
Just bought volume plus instead of free app. I'll let you know tomorrow how works.

oddllama

Reaction score
Wow! I've been complaining about this since day one. Thanks!

proangler

Reaction score
Yea the paid version of volume plus seems to be doing the trick. Only if we can have Google or whoever to reimburse us for the needless cost.

oddllama

Reaction score
Yea the paid version of volume plus seems to be doing the trick. Only if we can have Google or whoever to reimburse us for the needless cost.

Or download it for free from the dev.