Backing up to google

fishacura

Reaction score
I currently have my phone contacts backed up to Verizon's backup assistant. I'd like to change that to copy all my contact information to google and use that as my ongoing backup for contacts). Anyone know how to do this?

If I go into my contacts folder I see I can choose an option to store new contacts on Google instead of backup assistant. However, I don't see an option for a one-time copy...is this even possible?

jgsinc1

Reaction score
Since I do not use backup assistant with Verizon, I called someone that I knew that did. They have and Eris but said they think this will work for all the droids.

1. Log into Verizon's Backup Assistant.
2. Right above the box that shows your addresses, on the right side is an icon to show the contacts in list form. Choose that.
3. Click "Select All." This is below the icon you just pressed to get the contacts viewed as a list.
4. Click on the cog's arrow button directly to the right of the "Select All" button. (A cog is that little wheel looking thing.)
5. Click on "Export Contacts"
6. Choose the ".CSV" option
7. Save to desktop. Your contacts are now ready to import to Gmail
8. Log into your Gmail account (if you don't have one, make one. Get Gmail on your phone too, if it isn't already there).
9. Once in your account, click on "Contacts" on the left side of the screen.
10. Click on "Import" on the right side of the screen
11. Click on "Browse" and look for the .csv file you've saved on your desktop
12. Click on "Import"
13. Look in your contacts on your phone and they will be there

Hope this will help

OP
F

fishacura

Reaction score
Wow that's terrific of you to write this up for me. I'll give it a shot tonight. Thanks!