A note about new contacts and Backup Assistant!

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Is this why even though contacts are set to sync with gmail I can't get them to sync on my wife's just returned X2 and now her new D3? I might have to give it a shot.

What's the verdict?

Manufacturers and carriers need to stop messing with Android. The features they add are completely unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. It's a step backward. I'm annoyed.

cerps

Reaction score
Is this why even though contacts are set to sync with gmail I can't get them to sync on my wife's just returned X2 and now her new D3? I might have to give it a shot.

What's the verdict?

Manufacturers and carriers need to stop messing with Android. The features they add are completely unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. It's a step backward. I'm annoyed.
The verdict is I went to sleep. She was playing with the phone and I didn't want to wait. I'll have to try it tonight.

cerps

Reaction score

What's the verdict?

The verdict is I went to sleep. She was playing with the phone and I didn't want to wait. I'll have to try it tonight.
As the title states, it works for new contacts. They now go to google. My question is how do I get the rest of the contacts that are labeled as backup assistant to sync to google? I set contacts to sync to google, but can't get the backup assistant ones on the phone to sync over. I'm frustrated. Please tell me I don't have to save to .csv on sd card and then import to gmail. I have a feeling that is the case though

Invader DJ

Reaction score
Rated this thread 5 stars. Thanks!

Verizon's backup assistant makes me furious.

Why? Doesn't seem that bad....

Because it is useless BS that we didn't ask for and can't remove running on our phones. Android already has all the cloud backup features it needs. If Verizon wants to put out a backup app, that's fine. Either make it uninstallable, or better yet don't install it on my phone, leave it on the Market so people can judge it by its own merit. Same with the VZ Navigator, Music, and App Store.

Ugh, root for this phone can not come quick enough.

cyferhax

Reaction score
Rated this thread 5 stars. Thanks!

Verizon's backup assistant makes me furious.

Why? Doesn't seem that bad....

Because it is useless BS that we didn't ask for and can't remove running on our phones. Android already has all the cloud backup features it needs. If Verizon wants to put out a backup app, that's fine. Either make it uninstallable, or better yet don't install it on my phone, leave it on the Market so people can judge it by its own merit. Same with the VZ Navigator, Music, and App Store.

Ugh, root for this phone can not come quick enough.

I cannot agree with you enough. At least when you buy a pc with a pile of garbage pre-loaded you can remove it... I'd care much less if we could remove the garbage Verizon puts on these phones ourselves but since we can't without rooting our phones... its very annoying.

Since I too sync everything w/ gmail the backup assistant is just wasting resources on my phone (there is a service in the background running). If they truely will unlock them around nov-dec I'll be happy; if not I think my next phone will be from HTC because of their stance on bootloaders. (or maybe samsung, they seem to have the right idea, too)