Syncing Contacts-Google and VZ Backup Assistant

dannyro

Reaction score
In the my accounts setting, under my Google account, an option to "sync contacts" is there which I currently have checked. However, under my contacts settings, I realize that my contacts are being backed up to the verizon backup assistant, and that even though I am syncing google contacts every day, it does not update to Google when I go into gmail to check it. Is this because I have the setting in contacts setting set to backup to the backup assistant? If that is the case, there really is no reason to sync my contacts daily to Google. IS there anything else that function does? And finally, what do most people use, backup assistant or Google? Which is better?

JScharf92

Reaction score
In the my accounts setting, under my Google account, an option to "sync contacts" is there which I currently have checked. However, under my contacts settings, I realize that my contacts are being backed up to the verizon backup assistant, and that even though I am syncing google contacts every day, it does not update to Google when I go into gmail to check it. Is this because I have the setting in contacts setting set to backup to the backup assistant? If that is the case, there really is no reason to sync my contacts daily to Google. IS there anything else that function does? And finally, what do most people use, backup assistant or Google? Which is better?

what i do is add the contact twice and link them. that way they are in both places. i like them in backup assistant just in case anything were to happen to my droid and i had to go back to a non-smart phone i could recover them all easily. having them in google is more convient but its all up to you

edit: add the contact twice (add it once to google and once to backup assistant)

Alive

Reaction score
Look like that problem is solved now
07/29/2011

I have a verizn account on My old DSL and I have wentr to cabel at home
And would like to exstarct aor sys info from Verizon to gmail any info on that
No Verizon back up from verizon e-mail to Gmail e-mail