How to get Backup Assistance to work?

B

budmonster

How to get Backup Assistance to work?

I'm currently on Fab's Apex Rom v1.0.2.2 for Droid X, I don't know if this matters.

Anyways, when I open Backup Assistance on my phone and click "Sync", it works but it only syncs about 10 numbers and there all pound "#" numbers (#225, etc.)

Most of my contacts were created on my old D1 with my Google Account.

On my DX, I have over 100 contacts from my Google and Facbeook accounts that appear in my Contacts List on my phone. Why isn't every number appearing online om the Verizon Backup Assistant website? Like I said only about 10 numbers show up on the website and there pound numbers? I just want to know how to sync all my Contacts including Facebook or whatever to BA.

EDIT: On the BA website their is an "Import Contacts" button with these option to import: vCard 2.1, vCard 3.0, Outlook CSV file, Backup Assistant CSV file. Is there a way to save all the contacts from my phone and import them on my PC so BA updates with all my numbers?

Thanks- BUD

Last edited by a moderator:

tatuud

Reaction score
you can go to your google account, click on contacts, highlite all of your contacts, then click export csv file, save it to your desktop. now open BA, click the more options drop down box and click import csv file and choose the one on your desktop, all of your contacts should now be in BA.

OP
B

budmonster

Isn't it pointless to have both Backup Assistant and Google Backup(Google Contacts)?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't really say "pointless" but more like not required. Supposedly, if something goes wrong with one, you have the other to fall back on. Just rooted my gf's D2 and that was one of the first to be frozen!

Isn't it pointless to have both Backup Assistant and Google Backup(Google Contacts)?

DroidForums junkie!

tatuud

Reaction score
also if one day you decide to use a blurless rom there is no way to get BA to work, so you will need google contacts

OP
B

budmonster

you can go to your google account, click on contacts, highlite all of your contacts, then click export csv file, save it to your desktop. now open BA, click the more options drop down box and click import csv file and choose the one on your desktop, all of your contacts should now be in BA.

When I export my contacts from the Google website (Gmail or the Google Contacts website) and then import them onto the Backup Assistant website, I get double or triple contacts on my phone. Why am I having so many problems with getting my Contact up and running, can't even get them synced? Ill open up a contact and there will be 3 or more link profiles. Ill attach photos below to explain.

There are 3 of the same "Alan" contacts. I get duplicate names like this for other names all the time.
cont1.jpg

You can see below that there's 5 linked profiles!
con2.jpg

I also cant add an account. When I go to the "Setup Accounts" I get this below. The Facebook icon isnt even there, Picasa, etc. All missing.

accounts2.jpg

But when I click on the "My Accounts" app I get this below. The Facebook icon is there when I click on it and the the login/password screen comes up but.....
accounts4.jpg

The username is blocked out? What the heck?
accounts3.jpg

tatuud

Reaction score
well what i would do is correct one of them first, either your BA or gmail acct contacts. you can just set one up correctly by deleting all of the double and triple contacts, once you have them all set correctly on the computer, i would then delete the other acct completely, export the correct list from one to the other. as far as your FB and other social apps, i'm sure they are all blur related so you will have to add the proper components to your existing rom for all of them to sync properly. if you're on Apex that shouldn't be a problem since his rom is based on the option to use as much blur as you would like.

OP
B

budmonster

well what i would do is correct one of them first, either your BA or gmail acct contacts. you can just set one up correctly by deleting all of the double and triple contacts, once you have them all set correctly on the computer, i would then delete the other acct completely, export the correct list from one to the other. as far as your FB and other social apps, i'm sure they are all blur related so you will have to add the proper components to your existing rom for all of them to sync properly. if you're on Apex that shouldn't be a problem since his rom is based on the option to use as much blur as you would like.

I imported the my contacts (I had stored on my PC) to the Goole Contact website, I believe you can do it there or simply by logging on Gmail, correct? Anyways, I did that then I deleted everything off of the VZW Backup Assistant website, so now I "should" only have 1 contact backup in phone, Google. Am I correct so far?

I'm not on APEX anymore, I did a restore and we back to Stock Root. It has all the Blur. There are no mods to it, its only rooted and overclocked. no rom, etc. Thats why I'm confused on this.

Anyone else can chime in on this please. Thank you.

tatuud

Reaction score

I imported the my contacts (I had stored on my PC) to the Goole Contact website, I believe you can do it there or simply by logging on Gmail, correct? Anyways, I did that then I deleted everything off of the VZW Backup Assistant website, so now I "should" only have 1 contact backup in phone, Google. Am I correct so far?

I'm not on APEX anymore, I did a restore and we back to Stock Root. It has all the Blur. There are no mods to it, its only rooted and overclocked. no rom, etc. Thats why I'm confused on this.

Anyone else can chime in on this please. Thank you.

you will still have BA there but if you go into the BA setting and sync it, they should go away since you deleted them. and yes you log into your gmail, on the left side you will see contacts, click it and from there you can import/export. Well if you're stock than your FB should be working, i don't use that feature so i'm not up to date on any issues. i would do a FB search in this forum and i'm sure you will find the answer.