Back falls off easy...

jsaggie

Reaction score
I have been carrying my Droid around in my pocket for the past couple of days, and the back cover keeps coming off. It slides into place, but it seems to slide off very easily. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it an isolated problem?

Thanks!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, the exact same thing happens to me, I am thinking of putting a Body Glove or different case, because it gets kinda annoying. :)

tubatime1010

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty common issue. I would recommend a case or something like that to prevent that from falling off and to protect it from harm in general.

I do have to say...you must be wearing some pretty tight pants to get the battery cover to come off so much. I never have the issue when I'm wearing khakis or some jeans.

Mine does, however come off in my hand...which is a tad fustrating.

@New2u: Dont get a body glove! It makes pocketing your phone nearly impossible as the material sticks to everything!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
..and I have a hell of a time getting mine off. I have to really slide it hard to to get it off.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The first time it took me a second to get it off, but now if i just put it in my pocket it will fall off. If you push down in the middle yes it will take a little to push it down and get it off, but if you push on both sides of the panel, it will move VERY easily down.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
same here CK, mine is a pain to get off. Which is fine because I shouldn't have to take it off for any reason that I can think of. I can only imagine it coming off in my pocket if my pants were pretty tight which isn't how I roll haha

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My pants are pretty baggy, and it falls off with ease in there. I guess every droid wasn't built the same.

OP
J

jsaggie

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the info about the Body Glove case. Definitely not tight pants :).

I have only had the problem when taking the phone out of my pocket. This has happened with jeans and with loose shorts.

I will definitely look for a good case for it since I am already addicted to this thing.

I had a Blackberry before this phone, and I bought what they call a soft touch hard case from the Verizon store. It felt rubberized, similar to the back cover on the Droid, and it would not grab when placing it in your pocket. I am hoping Verizon or someone makes one for the Droid.

Thanks

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and the info about the Body Glove case. Definitely not tight pants :).

I have only had the problem when taking the phone out of my pocket. This has happened with jeans and with loose shorts.

I will definitely look for a good case for it since I am already addicted to this thing.

I had a Blackberry before this phone, and I bought what they call a soft touch hard case from the Verizon store. It felt rubberized, similar to the back cover on the Droid, and it would not grab when placing it in your pocket. I am hoping Verizon or someone makes one for the Droid.

Thanks
One of these cases should show up soon. Pretty much any phone that has hard cases will eventually have a rubberized hard case. Verizon also has one that looks like it is covered in leather instead of body glove material.

kkwan77

Reaction score
I haven't had mine slide off at all and didn't notice this.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*FOUND OUT* what the problem was with this, if you slide off the back cover and look at the letters on one side it appears they read "Motorola Engineering". PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

Dream

Reaction score
*FOUND OUT* what the problem was with this, if you slide off the back cover and look at the letters on one side it appears they read "Motorola Engineering". PROBLEM SOLVED! :D

LMAO

So true! But I have the same issue and my pants are NOT tight. A case should solve this issue. Im personally waiting to see what Seidio comes out with.

www.seidioonline.com

:icon_ banana:

dean.collins

Reaction score

Lol, yep i read this problem and didn't notice for the first few hours but now my back has fallen off through general use about 4 times in 2 days (albeit i dont think i've put it dow for much of that 2 days).

This is a design issue and something motorola will need to address with a retrofit for affected handsets. so far my back hasn't been damaged when coming off but only a matter of time.

jwd45244

Reaction score
Take it to you local Verizon store. Make them fix or replace it.

Zippster

Reaction score
Motorola has issue a service bulletin and repair kit that is available at all retailers for this issue.

ducttape.jpg