Loose Battery Door

MikeDroid

Reaction score
Hello all,
Does anyone have a loose battery door on their Droid? Mine slides easy back and forth and had fallen off in my shirt pocket while at home easily,

Thanks in advance!

Mike

droidkillstheiphone

Reaction score
mine is like that too...i work on an ambulance so i know i'm goin to end up losing it eventually...quick fix: gonna buy a cover for my phone

iunknown

Reaction score
Another person suggested cutting a business card a bit and inserting it. Just enough width to keep it in place. Works great.

muenk

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but did all of your phones come with a little black sticker looking thing on the inside of the back cover?? It's about the thickness of a business card

mslal

Reaction score
It's a known Motorola issue. I lost mine, & got 2 replacements - 1 from Motorola, and 1 from Verizon.

On Droids

Reaction score
I took mine battery cover off and pinched the 4 small metal tabs outward (very, very carefully) and when I re-installed it I actually heard an "audible" click when it engaged. Worked well and is very secure on mine. :greendroid:

On Droids

Reaction score
The tabs fit in an open channel. So pinching them inward or outward will have the same effect. Essentially you are just creating a 'wedge' fit to help secure the cover. This can be acheived through either method. Just stating what worked for me. The business card trick may cause some battery covers not to sit flush when they once did. Now for my application it actually requires some force to remove the battery cover.

mrtoto54660

Reaction score
Loose Door

My phone did have a loose door to where it fell of without me knowing. I did an online chat with Motorola and they 2nd day'd me a free replacement. You can also buy it on the Motorola Website.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I thought my phone was good an tight but the cover has fallen off 3 times in the last 2 days when I've pulled it from my pocket. I'll probably try widening the tabs but I'm wondering if the removal will be an issue, as "On Droids" stated.

Ed Blown Vert

Reaction score
Website
ls1.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S22U
I can't find the post, but there is a better way to fix it.

If you look at the inside top of the batter door, you will see a protrusion. Then look at the phone, you can see where that part slides into the silver metal piece of the phone. Just bend that metal peice up a bit and it will lock your door tight.

[video=youtube;pJ-Kua5Lunk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-Kua5Lunk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

dogmeatstick2

Reaction score
Does the business card trick overheat the phone or affect the battery in anyway? I've had problems with this on other phones.

J. Dub

Reaction score
Does the business card trick overheat the phone or affect the battery in anyway? I've had problems with this on other phones.

Like you I am not a fan of the b-card trick. The less "insulation" the battery has, IMO, the better. I simply, slowly, moved my tabs outwardly.