Loose Battery Door

captclueless

Reaction score
My phone did have a loose door to where it fell of without me knowing. I did an online chat with Motorola and they 2nd day'd me a free replacement. You can also buy it on the Motorola Website.

Just did the same thing with mine today.

silverx10

Reaction score
All this hassle that you guys are going through for a simple fix. Look at the video in Ed Blown Vert's post. Short and sweet, and only one thing you have to warp, vice four.

dogmeatstick2

Reaction score
My phone did have a loose door to where it fell of without me knowing. I did an online chat with Motorola and they 2nd day'd me a free replacement. You can also buy it on the Motorola Website.

Does the replacement door stay on better then the door provided? Is it worth the time to chat with them?

captclueless

Reaction score

Does the replacement door stay on better then the door provided? Is it worth the time to chat with them?

I am guessing it does. Mine should be here today or tomorrow. The part description of my order says something like battery door with shim, so they must have added a shim of some kind to it. Guess we will see when I get it.

captclueless

Reaction score
Got mine today. It's basically just a new battery door with a black piece of hard foam on the inside of it.

CaptainDango

Reaction score
Got my replacement door today also. Looks exactly the same except for the foam peice is thicker, stays on very snug now. I'm a happy camper.

GoGators

Reaction score
I chatted today and they are sending me one door. My daughter has a Droid with a loose door too, and they told me that they would send me one, but I could buy another one. That is kinda lame. If the new one is different, I will have another "chat" with the Moto group.

Willyammer

Reaction score
I can't find the post, but there is a better way to fix it.

If you look at the inside top of the batter door, you will see a protrusion. Then look at the phone, you can see where that part slides into the silver metal piece of the phone. Just bend that metal peice up a bit and it will lock your door tight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ-Kua5Lunk&feature=player_embedded

Easiest, quickest fix is this one. It took me all of 5 minutes. I pried it a little at a time and the third time was the charm.