Awful start to my day... I Broke my phone

tw15egan

Reaction score
Yup, screen got a small crack on my HTC Incredible, and the touch sensor is now broken. Again. I've already had to replace the screen once (I don't have insurance, did it myself) and I really don't want to do it again.

I do not have another upgrade until Summer 2012, so waiting is clearly not an option... That being said.. what phone should I pick up?

iPhone 4?
Droid X?

Music is pretty much my life, that's why I am even considering the iPhone, because it would sync perfectly with my iTunes. But it has a VERY steep price tag.

What would you guys suggest?

droided1

Reaction score
Asking a droid forum whether to get an iphone or droid?
Aye.
If you want shackles on you and your phone an iphone is just the purchase for you. But, if you want a droid...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
I've had a droid and have tried every ROM out there, customization is not a factor in this.

droided1

Reaction score
Personally, I've got a droid x and ipod touch, but used the iphone too. Apple makes great mp3 players, not so much on phones. Was reading just a bit ago (will attempt to find link) that there's worry about similar antenna problems as with att launch. Apple hasn't commented though. Also, consider this, new iphone version is expected summertime ish.

droided1

Reaction score
I can't pull link from usatoday app, but you can probably google it. Try google search usa today Verizon iphone4 hitch

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Yeah i have heard rumors as well, but I mean a few new features that may be added prob will not deter me (Like when they went from 3 to 3gs).. Just more of I need a fix now, as I can't really use my phone at all... Sucks!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I would just hit up your local craigslist and find a used droid 1/2/x or an incredible. The price on an iphone 4 would just be outrageous to pay.

huskur

Reaction score
EBAY. Tons of OG droids available and also you can just contact verizon and tell them what happened and they usually give you a break and will send you a deeply discounted refurbished phone. That would get you through til your upgrade.

A poster above me said to get a Droid X and a Ipod touch...... dude.... thats a $1000 from the start. Nix that

OP
tw15egan

tw15egan

Reaction score
Alright, I will try ebay.. And how deeply discounted? Just tell em I broke it and they can send refurbished ones?

droided1

Reaction score
Was just gonna say check out craigslist. I've gotten a lot of my phones from there, just remember to check the esn before you give money. Had one try to sell me a stolen one.

droided1

Reaction score
I said I've got them. Not get them.

huskur

Reaction score
Alright, I will try ebay.. And how deeply discounted? Just tell em I broke it and they can send refurbished ones?

Yes, just tell them you broke your droid and you are beside yourself. Just ask them "what can you do for me? I am heart broken" They will work with you. Try it!

Guessing they will get you in one for $100 or so

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can tell you right now the rep has heard it all. Tears in the eyes and voice do not work.

Yes, just tell them you broke your droid and you are beside yourself. Just ask them "what can you do for me? I am heart broken" They will work with you. Try it!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

huskur

Reaction score
I can tell you right now the rep has heard it all. Tears in the eyes and voice do not work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

I know they have heard it all. That is not the deciding factor in replacing your phone. Its about customer service. My wife just dropped hers in a port o potty at the zoo. Needless to say it doesn't work. Guess what though...They gave me a refurb replacement for 119.00

FYI- It was a droid X