I'm starting to dislike my Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The internet browser is pathetic (whether it's the default one, dolphin, etc). If it's not a mobile website, scrolling around is nearly impossible. Incredibly laggy and jumpy and overall the opposite of the iphone browsing experience. Why, when the droid is so much more powerful, does it lag MILES behind the iphone in browsing the internet?

Both the Iphone and the default Android browser use the open source Webkit rendering engine. Besides pinch-to-zoom, the browsing on each device is going to be almost identical.[/QUOTE]

You don't know what slow and laggy is unless you've used a Blackberry Storm. When you come from that, the browser is fast.

rancid1

Reaction score
NI had a iphone 3g and is cool, but the sucked. So I got a 3gs, and was better. Then my wife got a nexus, and wow. So then I wanted an android phone, butdidnt want aT&t. So I got a droid, as learned the phone I really liked, but wanted 2.1 like the nexus. So I rooted intalled the payed rom manager, installed ultimate 8.1 and now overclocked to 1200. Now its less buggy than the nexus, and much better phone quality than the iphone. And I always have phone and internet connection with verizon. Very fast phone now with better battery life than either. So root it and find good rom, and then compare jailbrkoken iphone and it won't be a contest.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
NI had a iphone 3g and is cool, but the sucked. So I got a 3gs, and was better. Then my wife got a nexus, and wow. So then I wanted an android phone, butdidnt want aT&t. So I got a droid, as learned the phone I really liked, but wanted 2.1 like the nexus. So I rooted intalled the payed rom manager, installed ultimate 8.1 and now overclocked to 1200. Now its less buggy than the nexus, and much better phone quality than the iphone. And I always have phone and internet connection with verizon. Very fast phone now with better battery life than either. So root it and find good rom, and then compare jailbrkoken iphone and it won't be a contest.

+1,000,000

That was awesome

hookerdj

Reaction score
did i really just see that someone dislikes their droid ?? uhmm thats a first...

alanb

Reaction score
did i really just see that someone dislikes their droid ?? uhmm thats a first...

LOL With all due respect I feel exactly the same way as mrshickadance9, the person who started this thread. The Motorola Droid is the biggest piece of crap for a cell phone I have ever used. He is spot on when describing the very poor quality of voice calls. I've had many cell phones since the mid 1980's when I purchased my first one and I can honestly say the Droid is the worst phone I have ever had for voice calls. BTW, I'm on my second Droid. Verizon replaced the first one about a month ago because I complained so much about the poor call quality of the first once. Unfortunately the second one doesn't work any better that the first one did. The Moto Droid must have the worst cell phone radio in it of anything ever made. Call quality is pathetic.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
I must be lucky with battery usage. I didn't charge mine last night (I hardly used it Friday) and today I have been on and off it quite a bit and I was streaming Pandora for about 3 hours while I was washing windows, cleaning my pool deck and general "putzing" around outside and I still have 40% battery life right now.

hookerdj

Reaction score

LOL With all due respect I feel exactly the same way as mrshickadance9, the person who started this thread. The Motorola Droid is the biggest piece of crap for a cell phone I have ever used. He is spot on when describing the very poor quality of voice calls. I've had many cell phones since the mid 1980's when I purchased my first one and I can honestly say the Droid is the worst phone I have ever had for voice calls. BTW, I'm on my second Droid. Verizon replaced the first one about a month ago because I complained so much about the poor call quality of the first once. Unfortunately the second one doesn't work any better that the first one did. The Moto Droid must have the worst cell phone radio in it of anything ever made. Call quality is pathetic.
thats very odd everyone tells me how clear mine is all the time ?have you rooted or installed a rom?

rancid1

Reaction score

Wow you must having figured out how to put sim card in and sign on with at&t.

hookerdj

Reaction score

Wow you must having figured out how to put sim card in and sign on with at&t.
sim cards are a thing of the past bro all you do is sign in google and all your contascts and your phone is turned on

jrl9851

Reaction score

iphone fanboys FTL!

crackalaka

Reaction score
The bottom line is this phone lacks a lot, when you compare it to an Iphone, it probably is a good phone for someone upgrading from another phone besides the Iphone and never using one, but anybody who has ever used an Iphone from day one as I have (and still using my original first generation phone, almost three years later) there is just too many quality/UI issues that are far superior, years ahead and just going to get better with upgrades to the OS, I agree with the original poster in regards to clicking internet links, it is very annoying and lacks the touch accuracy, http://www.examiner.com/x-8134-SF-Gadgets-Examiner~y2010m3d24-iPhone-finishes-first-in-touchscreen-accuracy-test-Motorola-Droid-last

I still carry both the Iphone and the Droid on a daily basis on the two different networks and will continue to do so, but I find myself going back to the Iphone more and more.

iPirate

Reaction score
The bottom line is this phone lacks a lot, when you compare it to an Iphone, it probably is a good phone for someone upgrading from another phone besides the Iphone and never using one, but anybody who has ever used an Iphone from day one as I have (and still using my original first generation phone, almost three years later) there is just too many quality/UI issues that are far superior, years ahead and just going to get better with upgrades to the OS, I agree with the original poster in regards to clicking internet links, it is very annoying and lacks the touch accuracy, http://www.examiner.com/x-8134-SF-Gadgets-Examiner~y2010m3d24-iPhone-finishes-first-in-touchscreen-accuracy-test-Motorola-Droid-last

I still carry both the Iphone and the Droid on a daily basis on the two different networks and will continue to do so, but I find myself going back to the Iphone more and more.
lol

go get a paint app and try to reproduce what they are showing. it is impossible. droid has a great screen.