iPhone Quicker?

Skizz135

Reaction score
Hey all, so I've had my Droid for about 2 - 3 weeks now. Enjoy the phone and don't have too many complaints. However, I was just out at the bar and was fooling around with my friends new iPhone and flipping through the iPhone home screens and apps, it feels much snappier than the droid. I experience a little lag with the Droid when flipping through the screens as well as bringing down the notification bar . . . didn't do internet/browser speed tests, just strictly talking about responsiveness . . . Anyone care to comment?

Retribution

Reaction score
Really all have to say is the iPhone has had a lot more time to become the polished ui it is today. Not all apps were created equal and most weren't coded for 2.0

drew

Reaction score
I've compared side by side, and yes - the iPhone is a little "snappier". Obviously this is a personal experience and definitely NOT scientific by any means. I'm sure someone on the intertubes will do some kind of benchmark testing at some point. But we are a lot more "open" than the iPhone and as the other poster said it will become more and more polished over the next few months.

OP
S

Skizz135

Reaction score
I've also been running GDE with a theme as my Default home . . . for all those GDE users, do you think the stock home setting is probably quicker?

nyyfan

Reaction score
the iphone is definitely quicker but does it have the resolution, widgets, or backgrounds that droid does...no. that said, the responsiveness is one of the main advantages of the iphone. if its a software thing then id be really happy once it eventually gets better, i just hope that the hardware in the droid is good enough to ever support the speed that the iphone has on our more complex os.

vrrm

Reaction score
I just sold my iPhone to get the Droid (it's good to be back on Verizon). I agree that the iPhone 3GS is quicker than the Droid. The iPhone apps and UI seem to be smoother to me as well.

BTW, I'm not an Apple/iPhone fanboy. These are just observations.

coolkidd

Reaction score
This is the main advantage of iPhone... It is "snappier" when you move from screen to screen because it can only do it one at a time... remember iPhone cannot do "multitask" at the moment.

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I have the iPod Touch and it does seem smoother by a little bit. But the iPhone is just a boring UI to look at IMO.

darreno1

Reaction score
From my experience with both phones (a coworker of mine has a 3gs), I'd say the iPhone is smoother but certainly not snappier. Some people confuse smooth with speed. I get to my apps and can switch between them quicker on the droid.

Also if you're running another home screen on the Droid, that can slow it down a little as well.

Anyway from what I've seen of the Android 2.1 leak, it seems a lot work was done on smoothing out the UI, so just hang tight, you'll have a super smooth UI soon to rival any iPhone.