I'm starting to dislike my Droid.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys.....don't let someone with one post push your buttons. That's exactly what he wants to do. Just ignore him and move on.

iPirate

Reaction score
Guys.....don't let someone with one post push your buttons. That's exactly what he wants to do. Just ignore him and move on.
I agree with you but some people should step when when rumors are posted. If not, things like 1/22 will happen again lol.

never forget! 1/22!

superglen99

Reaction score
lol I like the never forget 1/22. it is to droid owners what 9/11 is to america. good call. and I just love the iphone fanboys statement how the droid is the worst phone ever. He obviously knew what he was talking about cause he had 1 post and said he has had cell phones since the 80's. We had cell phones in the 80's?? lol I suggest cyanogen as he is THE rom master and builds roms from source, not just adding a theme on top of the OS. I've had it for a week and after droidmod and some issues with that I love cyanogen 5.0.5.3. I'll stick with it probably forever :)

jimmiem

Reaction score
This thread may have finally convinced me to install a different ROM. I tried SholesMod and DroidMod after that, but I found them to be buggy so I went back to stock and rooted for OC and tether. 2.1 has been taking so long and now there is concern that they may make it harder to root. The time just might be right to try out a modded 2.1 ROM.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread may have finally convinced me to install a different ROM. I tried SholesMod and DroidMod after that, but I found them to be buggy so I went back to stock and rooted for OC and tether. 2.1 has been taking so long and now there is concern that they may make it harder to root. The time just might be right to try out a modded 2.1 ROM.

I didn't find Droidmod to be buggy at all, I did find it to be a battery hog. Good luck though, I understand that Blackdroid is getting some real good feedback on his ROM's. Not taking away from anybody else, just what I'm observing.

hookerdj

Reaction score
lol I like the never forget 1/22. it is to droid owners what 9/11 is to america. good call. and I just love the iphone fanboys statement how the droid is the worst phone ever. He obviously knew what he was talking about cause he had 1 post and said he has had cell phones since the 80's. We had cell phones in the 80's?? lol I suggest cyanogen as he is THE rom master and builds roms from source, not just adding a theme on top of the OS. I've had it for a week and after droidmod and some issues with that I love cyanogen 5.0.5.3. I'll stick with it probably forever :)
ill second that i love the rom and now im running the smoked glass theme with it and its great good work koush

slinky

Reaction score
My experience with the iPHone and AT&T:

1) The AT&T network is nowhere nearly as poor as advertised by Verizon Wireless. Service was actually good or better than VZW in many areas. Most of my problems occurred when I didn't upgrade the OS on my iPhone because it was jailbreaked. Once Apple started trying to get rid of the jailbreakers with all sorts of tactics, I bailed on Apple.

2) I find the sound on my Droid worse but acceptable. Many here report the same as I - it sounds like the person on the other end is talking through a small earphone at the end of a tunnel. It's fine but I use a headset most of the time so it doesn't matter. Also speaking through the mike requires you to be right on top - put it on your shoulder, forget it.

3) OS not nearly as polished as the iPhone. But the extensibility, multitasking and everything else made this a no-brainer trade-off. Apps are more polished on the iPhone but Android apps can be far more efficient and powerful. Apple's API limited to what they allow.

4) Apps in Market are virtually as plentiful (useful) as iPhone. If and when multitouch is fully enabled I can see Android being way more useful than the iPhone. It is already. It's not even close.

5) Hardware keyboard. This alone was the decision maker IMHO. I always wanted to keep the "sent from my iPhone" signature so I could prior excuse myself for embarrassing iPhone contextual spelling correction errors.

6) iPhone battery life much better than the Droid. At the same time let's not even compare the screen. My oh my, reading docs, especially small landscape, is stunning on the Droid.

7) A BIG DECISION MAKER: The iPhone OS is a disaster if you're a business user. It was amazing to download docs I left at home via the net onto my Droid, read them in any app or even transfer to my netbook or a local PC via the SD card. The flexibility itself is just fantastic, like the Blackberry and others and as would be expected.

8) No need for iTunes. The only thing it helps with that blows away the Droid is (a) backup of the entire device to the PC, and (b) Outlook sync. These are a pain but you can manage both, potentially, although not optimal.

If you want to go back to the iPhone, go ahead. At times I'm frustrated with my droid too. But there are so many times when I'm so glad I have it and deal with the frustrations, which I notice when the arise. Not so bad, I'll deal with the trade off.