Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
without going through the whole claims process is there anyway to find out if/when they change the replacement phones? I have some issues with my droid (slider is pretty loose, and an issue with the headphone jack not working 75-80% of the time) but there is no way in hell I'm downgrading to an Ally, Eris or Devour... I bought a superphone not a kiddy phone (sorry people that have those phones but they are not super in any way). I just don't want to start a claim and find out that those are all that is available? Any Ideas? I'd like to get a D2 in exchange but I'd settle for a DI or DX...
if ur having trouble with the headphone jack, the warranty will cover that =]

nagmier

Reaction score
without going through the whole claims process is there anyway to find out if/when they change the replacement phones? I have some issues with my droid (slider is pretty loose, and an issue with the headphone jack not working 75-80% of the time) but there is no way in hell I'm downgrading to an Ally, Eris or Devour... I bought a superphone not a kiddy phone (sorry people that have those phones but they are not super in any way). I just don't want to start a claim and find out that those are all that is available? Any Ideas? I'd like to get a D2 in exchange but I'd settle for a DI or DX...

I don't want to sound like a jerk but... Did you read the message? I know I wont have a problem getting a replacement but I don't want a POS replacement Ally, Eris or Devour... I want a Droid or D2, I'd settle for a DI or DX but not some less than super phone device as I stated earlier...

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
I just got a replacement because of my headphone jack was bad! But my replacement phone has a weird line about halfway down the screen. Any ideas what this is? You can't feel it if you run your finger across the screen but its def. in there.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
We are canceling our Asurion insurance on the wife's new Droid and using the BestBuy coverage. After lump payment discount, it's about what I would pay for Asurion, and they cover more. And was told if her phone couldn't be repaired, they would put her on a "current equivalent" model on the floor that day. Not lower end. Works better for me.
The store I was in last night said they still had plenty of D1's in stock, so those interested in buying another might want to check them out.

wakeb791

Reaction score

I don't want to sound like a jerk but... Did you read the message? I know I wont have a problem getting a replacement but I don't want a POS replacement Ally, Eris or Devour... I want a Droid or D2, I'd settle for a DI or DX but not some less than super phone device as I stated earlier...

Of course he read it. I read it too. Your issues are warranty issues, not insurance issues. Talk to Verizon and you will get a replacement Droid. Just like he said.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

Of course he read it. I read it too. Your issues are warranty issues, not insurance issues. Talk to Verizon and you will get a replacement Droid. Just like he said.
exactly lol...i was like WAIT WHAT?? but yea MOTOROLAS warrranty and insurance are 2 complete different services

nagmier

Reaction score

exactly lol...i was like WAIT WHAT?? but yea MOTOROLAS warrranty and insurance are 2 complete different services

3 Local VZW shops down none with Droids in stock... :( of course they don't have hardly anything in stock it seems... No D2s had even shown up at 2 stores and the other had gotten them but sold out. Still they all advised to file a claim as there were no plans to restock the Droid.

tlpalmer01

Reaction score
We are canceling our Asurion insurance on the wife's new Droid and using the BestBuy coverage. After lump payment discount, it's about what I would pay for Asurion, and they cover more. And was told if her phone couldn't be repaired, they would put her on a "current equivalent" model on the floor that day. Not lower end. Works better for me.
The store I was in last night said they still had plenty of D1's in stock, so those interested in buying another might want to check them out.

i was told the same by the sales guy that sold it to me, then i did some reading and asked another guy at a different best buy, the loaner they give can be anything, it takes at least 2 to 3 weeks to get phone back....i was sprint at time and ended up canceling and going back to sprint insurance...

codydavis22

Reaction score
man I hope the X and incredible come into stock soon. Since I have first had my Droid i have had audio issues. Nobody can hear me clearly ever and every couple of weeks the speaker will start to make a strange static sound every time i get a notification. I think it is a flaw in the phone.

wakeb791

Reaction score
man I hope the X and incredible come into stock soon. Since I have first had my Droid i have had audio issues. Nobody can hear me clearly ever and every couple of weeks the speaker will start to make a strange static sound every time i get a notification. I think it is a flaw in the phone.

The DI is in stock as of today. But I wouldn't be surprised if they started offering refurbs instead of anything new, since the woman I spoke to today said it was weird how in the last month, the claims for the Droid have gone through the roof. They're bound to figure out what's going on soon. She even said it's mostly people saying they're stolen (easier than trying to break your phone, I guess).

codydavis22

Reaction score
hmmm I would take a refurb X or Inc but not a droid....i just googled my issues and they seem to be very common. Check this out.

HTML:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5175

The DI is in stock as of today. But I wouldn't be surprised if they started offering refurbs instead of anything new, since the woman I spoke to today said it was weird how in the last month, the claims for the Droid have gone through the roof. They're bound to figure out what's going on soon. She even said it's mostly people saying they're stolen (easier than trying to break your phone, I guess).

wakeb791

Reaction score
hmmm I would take a refurb X or Inc but not a droid....i just googled my issues and they seem to be very common. Check this out.

HTML:
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5175

Well like most people in here scheming, that's a warranty issue, not an insurance issue. If you're banking on getting it replaced via insurance, you better come up with some damage on that thing (not that I condone such actions). But like I said, they're gonna get smart to it.

imgrtful

Reaction score
i have a friend who dropped her D1 in some water.went up to VZW to see about doing a claim.they said it could be 3-4 weeks before she can get her replacement Droid,so they gave her a devour instead.not sure if this is going to be her new phone or if they are still getting her another D1

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
so they gave her a devour instead.not sure if this is going to be her new phone or if they are still getting her another D1
They will try to pass another inferior device off as a replacement, I would not accept anything less than a Motorola Droid (and really I wouldn't even want a refurb) I would push for an X or D2 you should go with your friend to VZW and give the Devour back and explain how the Devour is not acceptable as a D1 replacement...on any level

jseiber09

Reaction score
Dropped D1 in lake yesterday. Called Asurion and files claim only to be offered
a Devour or Ally. Went to verizon today and Rep took care of every thing.
Walked out with new D1